Southern Miss @ South Alabama
Current Records: Southern Miss 4-3; South Alabama 6-2
What to Know
The Southern Miss Golden Eagles will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to Mitchell Center at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday. The South Alabama Jaguars should still be feeling good after a victory, while Southern Miss will be looking to regain their footing.
The Golden Eagles received a tough blow last week as they fell 74-62 to the Montana Grizzlies.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Monday the Jaguars sidestepped the Texas A&M-Commerce Lions for a 69-66 win.
Southern Miss is expected to lose this next one by 7. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 0-3 ATS when expected to lose.
When the two teams previously met in December of last year, Southern Miss and South Alabama were neck-and-neck, but Southern Miss came up empty-handed after a 76-75 loss. Can the Golden Eagles avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Mitchell Center -- Mobile, Alabama
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jaguars are a solid 7-point favorite against the Golden Eagles, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jaguars as a 6.5-point favorite.
South Alabama have won four out of their last six games against Southern Miss.
- Dec 12, 2020 - South Alabama 76 vs. Southern Miss 75
- Nov 09, 2019 - South Alabama 75 vs. Southern Miss 69
- Nov 28, 2018 - Southern Miss 71 vs. South Alabama 67
- Nov 29, 2017 - South Alabama 69 vs. Southern Miss 61
- Nov 30, 2016 - South Alabama 78 vs. Southern Miss 55
- Dec 14, 2015 - Southern Miss 57 vs. South Alabama 54
Injury Report for South AlabamaNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Southern Miss
- Tae Hardy: Out (Upper Body)