North Texas @ Western Kentucky
Current Records: North Texas 10-4; Western Kentucky 10-6
What to Know
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers will play host again and welcome the North Texas Mean Green to E.A. Diddle Arena, where tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET Saturday. The Hilltoppers are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
The Rice Owls typically have all the answers at home, but on Thursday WKU proved too difficult a challenge. WKU took down Rice 80-66. WKU relied on the efforts of forward Jairus Hamilton, who posted a double-double on 22 points and ten boards, and guard Josh Anderson, who had 17 points in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, things were close when North Texas and the Marshall Thundering Herd clashed on Thursday, but the Mean Green ultimately edged out the opposition 69-65. North Texas got double-digit scores from five players: forward Abou Ousmane (22), guard Tylor Perry (12), guard JJ Murray (11), forward Thomas Bell (10), and guard Mardrez McBride (10).
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Hilltoppers are expected to win a tight contest. They have been good against the spread at home while North Texas has been good against the spread on the road, so something will have to give.
It was close but no cigar for WKU as they fell 61-57 to North Texas when the two teams previously met in March of last year. The defeat knocked WKU out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at the Mean Green with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: E.A. Diddle Arena -- Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.00
The Hilltoppers are a slight 2-point favorite against the Mean Green, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hilltoppers as a 1-point favorite.
Western Kentucky have won seven out of their last nine games against North Texas.
- Mar 13, 2021 - North Texas 61 vs. Western Kentucky 57
- Mar 01, 2020 - North Texas 78 vs. Western Kentucky 72
- Jan 02, 2020 - Western Kentucky 93 vs. North Texas 84
- Mar 14, 2019 - Western Kentucky 67 vs. North Texas 51
- Feb 09, 2019 - Western Kentucky 62 vs. North Texas 59
- Feb 15, 2018 - Western Kentucky 102 vs. North Texas 94
- Mar 02, 2017 - Western Kentucky 74 vs. North Texas 63
- Mar 09, 2016 - Western Kentucky 84 vs. North Texas 76
- Jan 16, 2016 - Western Kentucky 81 vs. North Texas 76
Injury Report for Western Kentucky
- Isaiah Cozart: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Zion Harmon: Game-Time Decision (Personal)
- Keith Williams: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)