2017 NFL Draft: Nearly one-third of early entrants were not selected this year
Twenty-eight of 95 early entry prospects went undrafted
A player's pro career is not made or broken on whether he is selected in the NFL Draft, but more than two dozen players who had the option to return to school went undrafted this year.
According to NFL.com, 28 of 95 early entry draft prospects (29.5 percent) went undrafted in 2017. Many of the players listed below will soon land with a team as an undrafted free agent, getting a chance to earn a spot on the roster in training camp, but they didn't get their name called this weekend as intended.
Among the notable players to go undrafted is Florida State's Travis Rudolph, one of several great college wide receivers that didn't end up getting selected in the draft. Rudolph has reportedly signed an undrafted free agent contract with the New York Giants, which many of the other undrafted early entry prospects will do with other teams.
- KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
- Devin Childress, WR, North Park
- Michael Clark, WR, Marshall
- Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech
- Jeremy Faulk, DT, Garden City CC
- Tarean Folston, RB, Notre Dame
- Isaiah Golden, DT, McNeese State
- Jermaine Grace, LB, Miami
- Derrick Griffin, WR, Texas Southern
- Titus Howard, DB, Slippery Rock
- Tim Kimbrough, LB, Georgia
- Jerome Lane, WR, Akron
- Keevan Lucas, WR, Tulsa
- Damien Mama, OL, USC
- Deon-Tay McManus, WR, Marshall
- Speedy Noil, WR, Texas A&M
- Marcus Oliver, LB, Indiana
- Aaron Peak, DB, Butler County CC
- Devine Redding, RB, Indiana
- Travis Rudolph, WR, FSU
- Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M
- Garrett Sickels, DE, Penn State
- Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR, Ole Miss
- Darius Victor, RB, Towson
- Charles Walker, DL, Oklahoma
- Stanley "Boom" Williams, RB, Kentucky
- Joe Yearby, RB, Miami
- Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Taking a look at the likely candidates for UConn if the AAC decides to stay a 12-team conf...
UConn's athletic program is likely on the move to the Big East, just not the football team
The incident occured when Holloman and the victim got into an argument following UGA's 2018...
Phillips is the No. 4 cornerback in the next recruiting class
The quarterback success for the Sooners was a big draw for the Georgia native
Mayfield took shots at both during a radio appearance on Wednesday