MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 3
Saturday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Saturday, May 3 (click here for today's scores) …
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Athletics: Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that "there is little doubt" that the A's will seek to add starting pitching on the trade market. Oakland this season has struggled to get reliable innings from the back end of the rotation, and their depth has been compromised by season-ending injuries to Jarrod Parker and A.J. Griffin.
- Blue Jays: Have called up top pitching prospect Marcus Stroman, who will work out of the bullpen for the time being.
- Reds: Have designated OF Roger Bernadina for assignment.
- Yankees: Have designated RHP Chris Leroux for assignment in order to create room on the active roster for RHP Alfredo Aceves.
- Angels: 3B David Freese has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture of his right middle finger and placed on the 15-day DL.
- Indians: OF Michael Bourn was forced to leave Saturday's game with a tight left hamstring. The team later called it a precautionary move.
- Marlins: 2B Rafael Furcal, who's been sidelined all season with a hamstring injury, has suffered yet another setback in his recovery. For the second time, a groin strain has put his rehab assignment on hold. He has no clear time-table. (Juan C. Rodriguez, South Florida Sun Sentinel)
Boston wants to add two big bats to their lineup, not just one
Even more relievers signed on the final day of the Winter Meetings
Keep tabs on the top 50 free agents right here
The league is not happy Ohtani's medical information leaked
Kansas City and Baltimore were quite busy at the Rule 5 Draft
Piscotty's mother was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year