Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Dallas Mavericks and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the New Orleans Pelicans 104-75.
Dallas has been led by point guard Luka Doncic, who so far has dropped a double-double on 28 points and 14 dimes in addition to four rebounds. This is the third consecutive matchup in which Doncic has had at least ten assists.
Small forward Brandon Ingram has led the way so far for New Orleans, as he has 29 points. Those points put Ingram near his season high of 31.
If the contest were over now, this would be the Mavericks' biggest margin of victory yet this year.
Dallas @ New Orleans
Current Records: Dallas 10-9; New Orleans 6-17
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Dallas and the New Orleans Pelicans will face off in a Southwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Smoothie King Center. New Orleans should still be riding high after a victory, while the Mavericks will be looking to right the ship.
The game between Dallas and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday was not particularly close, with Dallas falling 114-96. Dallas was down 87-65 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr. wasn't much of a difference maker for Dallas; Hardaway Jr. finished with only six points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between the Pelicans and the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday was still a pretty decisive one as New Orleans wrapped it up with a 123-104 win on the road. Center Jonas Valanciunas continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, shooting 7-for-8 from downtown and finishing with a double-double on 39 points and 15 rebounds. That makes it four consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least ten rebounds. Valanciunas' points were the most he has had all season.
Dallas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Dallas against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Dallas is now 10-9 while the Pelicans sit at 6-17. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Mavericks have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.40% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. New Orleans has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 42.90% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports - New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.67
The Mavericks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Dallas have won 13 out of their last 24 games against New Orleans.
- Nov 08, 2021 - Dallas 108 vs. New Orleans 92
- May 12, 2021 - Dallas 125 vs. New Orleans 107
- Mar 27, 2021 - New Orleans 112 vs. Dallas 103
- Feb 12, 2021 - Dallas 143 vs. New Orleans 130
- Mar 04, 2020 - Dallas 127 vs. New Orleans 123
- Dec 07, 2019 - Dallas 130 vs. New Orleans 84
- Dec 03, 2019 - Dallas 118 vs. New Orleans 97
- Oct 25, 2019 - Dallas 123 vs. New Orleans 116
- Mar 18, 2019 - New Orleans 129 vs. Dallas 125
- Dec 28, 2018 - New Orleans 114 vs. Dallas 112
- Dec 26, 2018 - Dallas 122 vs. New Orleans 119
- Dec 05, 2018 - New Orleans 132 vs. Dallas 106
- Mar 20, 2018 - New Orleans 115 vs. Dallas 105
- Mar 04, 2018 - New Orleans 126 vs. Dallas 109
- Dec 29, 2017 - Dallas 128 vs. New Orleans 120
- Nov 03, 2017 - New Orleans 99 vs. Dallas 94
- Mar 29, 2017 - New Orleans 121 vs. Dallas 118
- Feb 25, 2017 - Dallas 96 vs. New Orleans 83
- Dec 26, 2016 - New Orleans 111 vs. Dallas 104
- Nov 27, 2016 - Dallas 91 vs. New Orleans 81
- Jan 06, 2016 - Dallas 100 vs. New Orleans 91
- Jan 02, 2016 - New Orleans 105 vs. Dallas 98
- Nov 10, 2015 - New Orleans 120 vs. Dallas 105
- Nov 07, 2015 - Dallas 107 vs. New Orleans 98
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Josh Hart: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Daulton Hommes: Out (Leg)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Illness)
- Frank Ntilikina: Out (Calf)