Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Phoenix Suns and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Washington Wizards 89-71.
Center Deandre Ayton (15 points) and center JaVale McGee (13 points) have been the top scorers for Phoenix. Shooting guard Bradley Beal has led the way so far for Washington, as he has 26 points and five assists.
the Wizards have lost 76% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Washington @ Phoenix
Current Records: Washington 15-14; Phoenix 22-5
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Phoenix Suns are heading back home. They will square off against the Washington Wizards at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Footprint Center. Phoenix is out to keep their 12-game home win streak alive.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Suns ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Tuesday with a 111-107 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers. Point guard Chris Paul and center Deandre Ayton were among the main playmakers for Phoenix as the former almost dropped a triple-double on 24 points, 14 assists, and eight rebounds and the latter posted a double-double on 28 points and 13 boards.
Meanwhile, Washington received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 119-105 to the Sacramento Kings. Power forward Kyle Kuzma wasn't much of a difference maker for Washington; Kuzma finished with only six points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with the Suns, who are 14-13 against the spread.
Phoenix took their game against the Wizards when the two teams previously met in April by a conclusive 134-106 score. Will Phoenix repeat their success, or does Washington have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.00
The Suns are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Washington have won nine out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Apr 10, 2021 - Phoenix 134 vs. Washington 106
- Jan 11, 2021 - Washington 128 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jul 31, 2020 - Phoenix 125 vs. Washington 112
- Nov 27, 2019 - Washington 140 vs. Phoenix 132
- Mar 27, 2019 - Washington 124 vs. Phoenix 121
- Dec 22, 2018 - Washington 149 vs. Phoenix 146
- Dec 07, 2017 - Washington 109 vs. Phoenix 99
- Nov 01, 2017 - Phoenix 122 vs. Washington 116
- Mar 07, 2017 - Washington 131 vs. Phoenix 127
- Nov 21, 2016 - Washington 106 vs. Phoenix 101
- Apr 01, 2016 - Washington 106 vs. Phoenix 99
- Dec 04, 2015 - Washington 109 vs. Phoenix 106
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Devin Booker: Out (Hamstring)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Washington
- Spencer Dinwiddie: Out (Rest)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Personal)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)