Through 3 Quarters
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but the Chicago Bulls are posing a tough problem. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Chicago leads 85-81.
Shooting guard Zach LaVine has led the way so far for the Bulls, as he has shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 22 points and five boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Derrick Jones Jr.'s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Rip City has been relying on the performance of power forward Larry Nance Jr., who has 14 points along with eight rebounds. Nance Jr. is close to surpassing his season high of 15.
Rip City hasn't lost 89% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
Chicago @ Portland
Current Records: Chicago 10-4; Portland 7-8
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls' road trip will continue as they head to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday to face off against the Portland Trail Blazers. If the contest is anything like Portland's 123-122 victory from their previous meeting in January, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Bulls strolled past the Los Angeles Lakers with points to spare on Monday, taking the game 121-103. It was another big night for Chicago's small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 38 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, Rip City didn't have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Toronto Raptors on Monday, but they still walked away with a 118-113 win. Shooting guard CJ McCollum was the offensive standout of the matchup for the Trail Blazers, shooting 6-for-11 from beyond the arc and finishing with 29 points and six assists.
Chicago is expected to lose this next one by 3.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 3-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought Chicago up to 10-4 and Portland to 7-8. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Bulls enter the game with a 46.80% field goal percentage, good for third best in the league. Less enviably, the Trail Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.50% from the floor on average, which is the fifth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: NBC Sports Chicago
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.51
The Trail Blazers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Portland have won nine out of their last 12 games against Chicago.
- Jan 30, 2021 - Portland 123 vs. Chicago 122
- Jan 05, 2021 - Chicago 111 vs. Portland 108
- Nov 29, 2019 - Portland 107 vs. Chicago 103
- Nov 25, 2019 - Portland 117 vs. Chicago 94
- Mar 27, 2019 - Portland 118 vs. Chicago 98
- Jan 09, 2019 - Portland 124 vs. Chicago 112
- Jan 31, 2018 - Portland 124 vs. Chicago 108
- Jan 01, 2018 - Portland 124 vs. Chicago 120
- Dec 05, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Chicago 110
- Nov 15, 2016 - Chicago 113 vs. Portland 88
- Feb 27, 2016 - Portland 103 vs. Chicago 95
- Nov 24, 2015 - Chicago 93 vs. Portland 88
Injury Report for PortlandNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Chicago
- Alex Caruso: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Javonte Green: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Nikola Vucevic: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)