Through 3 Quarters
Down seven at the end of last quarter, the Detroit Pistons have now snagged the lead. a victory is still up for grabs for either squad after three quarters, but they are up 85-81 over the San Antonio Spurs
Detroit has been led by shooting guard Hamidou Diallo, who so far has posted a double-double on 26 points and 11 rebounds along with two blocks. This also makes it three games in a row in which Diallo has had at least three steals.
San Antonio has enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Derrick White and point guard Tre Jones. The former has 14 points and nine assists, while the latter has 15 points in addition to five boards.
The Spurs haven't lost 100% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a win here would be refreshing.
San Antonio @ Detroit
Current Records: San Antonio 14-20; Detroit 5-28
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons haven't won a game against the San Antonio Spurs since Dec. 1 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Saturday. The Pistons will take on San Antonio at 7 p.m. ET at Little Caesars Arena after having had a few days off. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Detroit came up short against the New York Knicks on Wednesday, falling 94-85. Shooting guard Hamidou Diallo put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double on 31 points and 13 boards.
Meanwhile, San Antonio's 2021 ended with a 118-105 loss against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday. Small forward Keldon Johnson wasn't much of a difference maker for San Antonio; Johnson played for 27 minutes but put up just six points on 2-for-12 shooting.
Detroit is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Now might not be the best time to take the Pistons against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Detroit was pulverized by the Spurs 144-109 in the teams' previous meeting last month. Maybe Detroit will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports - Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.35
The Spurs are a 4.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
San Antonio have won 11 out of their last 13 games against Detroit.
- Dec 26, 2021 - San Antonio 144 vs. Detroit 109
- Apr 22, 2021 - San Antonio 106 vs. Detroit 91
- Mar 15, 2021 - San Antonio 109 vs. Detroit 99
- Dec 28, 2019 - San Antonio 136 vs. Detroit 109
- Dec 01, 2019 - Detroit 132 vs. San Antonio 98
- Feb 27, 2019 - San Antonio 105 vs. Detroit 93
- Jan 07, 2019 - San Antonio 119 vs. Detroit 107
- Dec 30, 2017 - Detroit 93 vs. San Antonio 79
- Dec 04, 2017 - San Antonio 96 vs. Detroit 93
- Feb 10, 2017 - San Antonio 103 vs. Detroit 92
- Nov 11, 2016 - San Antonio 96 vs. Detroit 86
- Mar 02, 2016 - San Antonio 97 vs. Detroit 81
- Jan 12, 2016 - San Antonio 109 vs. Detroit 99
Injury Report for Detroit
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
- Rodney McGruder: Out (Covid-19)
- Trey Lyles: Out (Covid-19)
- Saben Lee: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Stewart: Out (Covid-19)
- Killian Hayes: Out (Covid-19)
- Cade Cunningham: Out (Covid-19)
- Cory Joseph: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Frank Jackson: Out (Ankle)
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Knee)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Hamstring)
- Dejounte Murray: Out (Covid-19)
- Devontae Cacok: Out (Covid-19)
- Doug McDermott: Out (Covid-19)
- Lonnie Walker IV: Out (Covid-19)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)