Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Minnesota Timberwolves have now snagged the lead. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the Sacramento Kings 80-72.
The Timberwolves have been relying on point guard Patrick Beverley, who has 14 points and five assists in addition to four boards, and center Karl-Anthony Towns, who has 18 points and four assists along with four rebounds and two blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jarred Vanderbilt's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard De'Aaron Fox (18 points) has been the top scorer for Sacramento.
Sacramento has lost 100% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Sacramento @ Minnesota
Current Records: Sacramento 6-8; Minnesota 4-9
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Sacramento Kings at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 17 at Target Center. If the matchup is anything like Sacramento's 128-125 win from their previous meeting in April, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
It was close but no cigar for the Timberwolves as they fell 99-96 to the Phoenix Suns on Monday. Center Karl-Anthony Towns put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 35 points and 13 rebounds.
Meanwhile, everything went Sacramento's way against the Detroit Pistons on Monday as they made off with a 129-107 victory. The game was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 68-44. The Kings' success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but point guard De'Aaron Fox led the charge as he had 19 points and nine assists along with six boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Timberwolves are expected to win a tight contest on Wednesday. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Monday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Minnesota is now 4-9 while Sacramento sits at 6-8. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Minnesota has only been able to knock down 41% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Kings' offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the third most points per game in the league at 111.6.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports - North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Timberwolves are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Minnesota have won 13 out of their last 21 games against Sacramento.
- Apr 21, 2021 - Sacramento 128 vs. Minnesota 125
- Apr 20, 2021 - Minnesota 134 vs. Sacramento 120
- Apr 05, 2021 - Minnesota 116 vs. Sacramento 106
- Feb 03, 2020 - Sacramento 113 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 27, 2020 - Sacramento 133 vs. Minnesota 129
- Dec 26, 2019 - Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 104
- Feb 25, 2019 - Minnesota 112 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 17, 2018 - Minnesota 132 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 12, 2018 - Sacramento 141 vs. Minnesota 130
- Nov 09, 2018 - Sacramento 121 vs. Minnesota 110
- Feb 26, 2018 - Minnesota 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Feb 11, 2018 - Minnesota 111 vs. Sacramento 106
- Dec 14, 2017 - Minnesota 119 vs. Sacramento 96
- Apr 01, 2017 - Sacramento 123 vs. Minnesota 117
- Feb 27, 2017 - Minnesota 102 vs. Sacramento 88
- Dec 23, 2016 - Sacramento 109 vs. Minnesota 105
- Oct 29, 2016 - Sacramento 106 vs. Minnesota 103
- Apr 07, 2016 - Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 97
- Mar 23, 2016 - Minnesota 113 vs. Sacramento 104
- Dec 18, 2015 - Minnesota 99 vs. Sacramento 95
- Nov 27, 2015 - Minnesota 101 vs. Sacramento 91
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Josh Okogie: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Naz Reid: Game-Time Decision (Foot)