Through 3 Quarters
The Los Angeles Rams and the Seattle Seahawks are all tied up at 10. WR Cooper Kupp has led the way so far for the Rams, as he has caught seven passes for one TD and 96 yards.
Los Angeles is struggling to protect the pocket and have allowed three sacks. They are going to have to protect QB Matthew Stafford better if they want any shot at winning this game.
Seattle @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Seattle 4-8; Los Angeles 9-4
What to Know
The Seattle Seahawks and the Los Angeles Rams will face off in an NFC West clash at 7 p.m. ET Dec. 21 at SoFi Stadium. These two teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Seattle strolled past the Houston Texans with points to spare last week, taking the game 33-13. The Seahawks' RB Rashaad Penny looked sharp as he rushed for two TDs and 137 yards on 16 carries. That nimble footwork stands out as the first time Penny has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season. Penny's sharp performance also set his single-game rushing touchdown high for the season.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 13-13 at the half for Los Angeles and the Arizona Cardinals last Monday, but the Rams stepped up in the second half for a 30-23 victory. It was another big night for Los Angeles' QB Matthew Stafford, who passed for three TDs and 287 yards on 30 attempts. Near the top of the highlight reel was Stafford's 52-yard TD bomb to WR Van Jefferson in the third quarter.
Special teams collected 12 points for Los Angeles. K Matt Gay delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Seattle is expected to lose this next one by 7. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought the Seahawks up to 4-8 and the Rams to 9-4. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Seattle is stumbling into the matchup with the most yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 394.9 on average. Los Angeles' defense has more to brag about, as they they rank second in the NFL when it comes to passing touchdowns allowed, with only 14 on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium -- Inglewood, California
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rams are a solid 7-point favorite against the Seahawks, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7-point spread, and stayed right there.
Los Angeles have won ten out of their last 14 games against Seattle.
- Oct 07, 2021 - Los Angeles 26 vs. Seattle 17
- Jan 09, 2021 - Los Angeles 30 vs. Seattle 20
- Dec 27, 2020 - Seattle 20 vs. Los Angeles 9
- Nov 15, 2020 - Los Angeles 23 vs. Seattle 16
- Dec 08, 2019 - Los Angeles 28 vs. Seattle 12
- Oct 03, 2019 - Seattle 30 vs. Los Angeles 29
- Nov 11, 2018 - Los Angeles 36 vs. Seattle 31
- Oct 07, 2018 - Los Angeles 33 vs. Seattle 31
- Dec 17, 2017 - Los Angeles 42 vs. Seattle 7
- Oct 08, 2017 - Seattle 16 vs. Los Angeles 10
- Dec 15, 2016 - Seattle 24 vs. Los Angeles 3
- Sep 18, 2016 - Los Angeles 9 vs. Seattle 3
- Dec 27, 2015 - Los Angeles 23 vs. Seattle 17
- Sep 13, 2015 - Los Angeles 34 vs. Seattle 31