Utah @ Colorado
Current Records: Utah 9-15; Colorado 14-9
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Utah Utes will be on the road. Utah and the Colorado Buffaloes will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 8 p.m. ET this past Saturday at CU Events Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Colorado winning the first 65-58 on the road and the Utes taking the second 77-74.
It was close but no cigar for Utah as they fell 80-77 to the Oregon Ducks last week. Utah's loss came about despite a quality game from guard Marco Anthony, who posted a double-double on 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Meanwhile, everything went Colorado's way against the Oregon State Beavers two weeks ago as they made off with an 86-63 victory. Colorado got double-digit scores from four players: guard Keeshawn Barthelemy (16), forward Jabari Walker (15), guard Nique Clifford (15), and forward Tristan da Silva (10). Tristan da Silva's performance made up for a slower game against Oregon two weeks ago.
The Utes are expected to lose this next one by 5. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Utah's opponents whenever they hit the road.
Utah is now 9-15 while Colorado sits at 14-9. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Utah is stumbling into the contest with the second fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only ten on average. Colorado has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 43rd worst in college basketball in turnovers per game, with 14.4 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: CU Events Center -- Boulder, Colorado
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.99
The Buffaloes are a 5-point favorite against the Utes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Utah have won eight out of their last 12 games against Colorado.
- Jan 30, 2021 - Utah 77 vs. Colorado 74
- Jan 11, 2021 - Colorado 65 vs. Utah 58
- Mar 07, 2020 - Utah 74 vs. Colorado 72
- Jan 12, 2020 - Colorado 91 vs. Utah 52
- Mar 02, 2019 - Colorado 71 vs. Utah 63
- Jan 20, 2019 - Utah 78 vs. Colorado 69
- Mar 03, 2018 - Utah 64 vs. Colorado 54
- Feb 02, 2018 - Colorado 67 vs. Utah 55
- Feb 23, 2017 - Utah 86 vs. Colorado 81
- Jan 01, 2017 - Utah 76 vs. Colorado 60
- Mar 05, 2016 - Utah 57 vs. Colorado 55
- Jan 08, 2016 - Utah 56 vs. Colorado 54
Injury Report for Colorado
- Quincy Allen: Out for the Season (Hip)
- Elijah Parquet: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Lawson Lovering: Out (Undisclosed)
- Javon Ruffin: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)