Butler @ DePaul
Current Records: Butler 12-13; DePaul 12-11
What to Know
The Butler Bulldogs are 12-1 against the DePaul Blue Demons since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Tuesday. Butler and DePaul will face off in a Big East battle at 9 p.m. ET at Wintrust Arena. The Bulldogs should still be riding high after a win, while the Blue Demons will be looking to right the ship.
The Marquette Golden Eagles typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday Butler proved too difficult a challenge. Butler snuck past Marquette with an 85-79 victory. Butler's success was spearheaded by the efforts of forward Bryce Golden, who had 22 points, and forward Bryce Nze, who had 12 points along with nine boards. Nze's performance made up for a slower contest against the Creighton Bluejays last week.
Meanwhile, the Blue Demons were close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 76-73 to the Providence Friars. Five players on DePaul scored in the double digits: forward David Jones (19), guard Jalen Terry (15), center Nick Ongenda (11), guard Courvoisier McCauley (10), and forward Brandon Johnson (10).
The Bulldogs are expected to lose this next one by 6. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 5-2 ATS in away games but only 10-14 all in all.
Butler is now 12-13 while DePaul sits at 12-11. Butler is 6-5 after wins this year, and the Blue Demons are 3-7 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Wintrust Arena -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Blue Demons are a solid 6-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Blue Demons, as the game opened with the Blue Demons as a 4.5-point favorite.
Butler have won 12 out of their last 13 games against DePaul.
- Dec 29, 2021 - Butler 63 vs. DePaul 59
- Feb 06, 2021 - Butler 68 vs. DePaul 58
- Jan 19, 2021 - Butler 67 vs. DePaul 53
- Feb 29, 2020 - Butler 60 vs. DePaul 42
- Jan 18, 2020 - DePaul 79 vs. Butler 66
- Feb 16, 2019 - Butler 91 vs. DePaul 78
- Jan 16, 2019 - Butler 87 vs. DePaul 69
- Feb 03, 2018 - Butler 80 vs. DePaul 57
- Jan 20, 2018 - Butler 79 vs. DePaul 67
- Feb 19, 2017 - Butler 82 vs. DePaul 66
- Jan 21, 2017 - Butler 70 vs. DePaul 69
- Jan 27, 2016 - Butler 67 vs. DePaul 53
- Jan 05, 2016 - Butler 77 vs. DePaul 72
Injury Report for DePaul
- Javon Freeman-Liberty: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Javan Johnson: Out (Hand)
- Tyon Grant-Foster: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Ahamad Bynum: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Butler
- Christian David: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Bryce Nze: Out (Knee)
- Bo Hodges: Out (Undisclosed)