George Mason @ Fordham
Regular Season Records: George Mason 14-15; Fordham 15-15
What to Know
The George Mason Patriots and the Fordham Rams are set to clash at noon ET March 10 at Capital One Arena in the second round of the Atlantic 10 Conference Tourney. If the game is anything like their last meeting in February, where Fordham won 50-47, we could be in for a big score.
It was close but no cigar for the Patriots as they fell 83-80 to the Massachusetts Minutemen on Saturday. GMU got double-digit scores from four players: guard D'Shawn Schwartz (21), guard Devon Cooper (19), forward Josh Oduro (16), and guard Davonte Gaines (11). Schwartz had some trouble finding his footing against the Davidson Wildcats last week, so this was a step in the right direction.
Speaking of close games: on Saturday Fordham sidestepped the George Washington Colonials for a 70-66 win. It was another big night for Fordham's forward Chuba Ohams, who dropped a double-double on 23 points and 16 rebounds along with five dimes. That makes it nine consecutive games in which Ohams has had at least ten rebounds.
GMU is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
Fordham's victory lifted them to 15-15 while George Mason's loss dropped them down to 14-15. If the Rams want to win Thursday, they will need to focus on stopping the Patriots' D'Shawn Schwartz, who had 21 points in addition to six boards, and Devon Cooper, who shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 19 points. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: USA Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Patriots are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Patriots, as the game opened with the Patriots as a 5-point favorite.
George Mason have won five out of their last eight games against Fordham.
- Feb 20, 2022 - Fordham 50 vs. George Mason 47
- Feb 10, 2021 - George Mason 77 vs. Fordham 45
- Mar 07, 2020 - George Mason 65 vs. Fordham 61
- Jan 19, 2019 - George Mason 71 vs. Fordham 68
- Feb 07, 2018 - Fordham 67 vs. George Mason 66
- Mar 09, 2017 - George Mason 82 vs. Fordham 71
- Feb 11, 2017 - George Mason 73 vs. Fordham 67
- Jan 20, 2016 - Fordham 73 vs. George Mason 62
Injury Report for Fordham
- Antonio Daye Jr.: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)