Wisconsin-Milwaukee @ Illinois-Chicago
Current Records: Wisconsin-Milwaukee 10-20; Illinois-Chicago 12-15
What to Know
The Illinois-Chicago Flames and the Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers are set to square off in a Horizon League matchup at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 26 at Credit Union 1 Arena. These two teams come into the matchup bolstered by wins in their previous games.
This past Thursday, Illinois-Chicago narrowly escaped with a win as the team sidled past the Green Bay Phoenix 81-77.
Meanwhile, Wisconsin-Milwaukee had enough points to win and then some against the IUPUI Jaguars this past Thursday, taking their contest 66-54.
The Flames are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 1-9 against the spread when favored.
The wins brought Illinois-Chicago up to 12-15 and Wisconsin-Milwaukee to 10-20. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Illinois-Chicago has allowed their opponents to shoot 46.50% from the floor on average, which is the 19th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. The Panthers' defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.20%, which places them 29th in college basketball. Maybe that strength will give Wisconsin-Milwaukee the oomph they need to beat the odds.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Credit Union 1 Arena -- Chicago, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $28.83
The Flames are a solid 6-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
Wisconsin-Milwaukee have won seven out of their last 13 games against Illinois-Chicago.
- Jan 13, 2022 - Illinois-Chicago 81 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 77
- Feb 06, 2020 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 74 vs. Illinois-Chicago 57
- Jan 05, 2020 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 64 vs. Illinois-Chicago 62
- Feb 24, 2019 - Illinois-Chicago 74 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 59
- Jan 17, 2019 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 81 vs. Illinois-Chicago 69
- Mar 04, 2018 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 80 vs. Illinois-Chicago 75
- Jan 29, 2018 - Illinois-Chicago 74 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 56
- Jan 12, 2018 - Illinois-Chicago 88 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 73
- Mar 06, 2017 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 74 vs. Illinois-Chicago 68
- Feb 04, 2017 - Illinois-Chicago 105 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 100
- Jan 17, 2017 - Illinois-Chicago 71 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee 57
- Feb 28, 2016 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 98 vs. Illinois-Chicago 85
- Jan 16, 2016 - Wisconsin-Milwaukee 87 vs. Illinois-Chicago 62
Injury Report for Illinois-ChicagoNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Jordan Lathon: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Tyler Ellingson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Patrick Baldwin Jr.: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Moses Bol: Out for the Season (Knee)