Penn State @ Indiana
Current Records: Penn State 8-8; Indiana 14-5
What to Know
The Penn State Nittany Lions' road trip will continue as they head to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday to face off against the Indiana Hoosiers. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Penn State ended up a good deal behind the Iowa Hawkeyes when they played on Saturday, losing 68-51. One thing holding the Nittany Lions back was the mediocre play of forward Seth Lundy, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-11 shooting in his 29 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, the matchup between IU and the Michigan Wolverines on Sunday was not particularly close, with the Hoosiers falling 80-62. That makes it the first time this season IU has let down their home crowd. Their loss shouldn't obscure the performances of forward Trayce Jackson-Davis, who had 17 points in addition to eight boards, and guard Xavier Johnson, who had 14 points and six assists along with six rebounds. Jackson-Davis had some trouble finding his footing against the Purdue Boilermakers last week, so this was a step in the right direction.
Penn State is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Penn State, who are 8-8 against the spread.
The Nittany Lions came out on top in a nail-biter against the Hoosiers in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, sneaking past 61-58. The rematch might be a little tougher for Penn State since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall -- Bloomington, Indiana
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.00
The Hoosiers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Nittany Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Indiana have won six out of their last nine games against Penn State.
- Jan 02, 2022 - Penn State 61 vs. Indiana 58
- Dec 30, 2020 - Indiana 87 vs. Penn State 85
- Feb 23, 2020 - Indiana 68 vs. Penn State 60
- Jan 29, 2020 - Penn State 64 vs. Indiana 49
- Dec 04, 2018 - Indiana 64 vs. Penn State 62
- Jan 09, 2018 - Indiana 74 vs. Penn State 70
- Feb 01, 2017 - Indiana 110 vs. Penn State 102
- Jan 18, 2017 - Indiana 78 vs. Penn State 75
- Feb 06, 2016 - Penn State 68 vs. Indiana 63
Injury Report for Indiana
- Khristian Lander: Game-Time Decision (Leg)