Pod: Why's Louisville such a heavy fave? And putting UK's year to bed
Really good tournament talk here. But if you want to hear all sorts of barroom banter on hoops and tourney travel and the set-up before the games, that's covered, too. A wild ride of 52 minutes worth of wide-ranging topics, from funny to serious to whimsical to unpredictable. Enjoy -- and get ready for the real start of the tourney.
We really believe you won't find three more varied, informative, entertaining and tangent-driven podcasts to usher you into the Thursday tournament games than the Monday, Tuesday and now Wednesday's edition. Goodman and Parrish are back per usual for a Wednesday version, and, oh, it's a doozy. We get to tournament talk ... eventually. And really good tournament talk. But if you want to hear all sorts of barroom banter on hoops and tourney travel and the set-up before the games, that's covered, too. A wild ride of 52 minutes worth of wide-ranging topics, from funny to serious to whimsical to unpredictable. Enjoy -- and get ready for the real start of the tourney.
- From the beginning: I'm in Salt Lake, Parrish is getting ready to fly to Philadelphia and Goodman's in Auburn Hills. A hodgepodge of travel talk and tourney table setting. The audio is good/muffled ever so slightly for the first few minutes, but it clears up to normal quality in short time. Hotel wireless can be a gamble.
- 6:40: Hey, I wanted to talk about hoops right away, but these two were on a mission to sort things out regarding avatar wagers and how I got caught in the crossfire.
- 11:20: And now it's Goodman storytelling. This is a weird turn.
- 15:40: Kentucky lost to good ol' Bob Morris on Tuesday, and the NIT overshadowed the NCAA tournament, no doubt about it. We have to do one more dive on UK before putting them to rest until the offseason.
- 24:00: Is there any job for Andy Toole to take this offseason?
- 26:30: Middle Tennessee State had a stinker in losing to Saint Mary's, and so now some are all, "OMG WHY'D THEY GET IN OVER VIRGINIA OR INSERT OTHER TEAM HERE???" We explain why this logic is flawed.
- 30:00: The perspective here from Goodman and Parrish is the kind of thing I wish they'd give me every podcast.
- 32:00: Goodman's Final Four picks. They match Nate Silver's!
- 33:30: Parrish talks way too long and then gives his Final Four picks.
- 36:40: My Final Four and why. I make a change! I'm off the Louisville wagon.
- 38:00: Wolterstalk. Goodman gets him in Auburn Hills.
- 41:30: Our favorite Round of 64 game. We each pick one.
- 46:00: Our picks for the game that we think will be the best one at each of our respective sites. And then it's a pod wrap-up.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
OSU will battle Butler on Sunday just 170 days after Holtmann's coaching staff left Indian...
Bagley's performance on Friday invoked records with names like Redick and Laettner attached...
Bridges is a game-time decision for Friday night and has missed one game already with an ankle...
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated UConn vs. Michigan State 10,000 times
It's not every day that a team gets to the line zero times and doesn't complain
The Wildcats were No. 2 two days ago, but a two-game losing streak keeps them out of our r...