Georgetown @ Marquette
Current Records: Georgetown 6-18; Marquette 16-9
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Marquette Golden Eagles are heading back home. Marquette and the Georgetown Hoyas will face off in a Big East battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Fiserv Forum. The Golden Eagles are out to keep their five-game home win streak alive.
Marquette was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Saturday as they fell 85-79 to the Butler Bulldogs. Guard Darryl Morsell wasn't much of a difference maker for Marquette; Morsell played for 31 minutes but put up just nine points on 3-for-10 shooting.
Meanwhile, Georgetown lost to the Creighton Bluejays on the road by a decisive 88-77 margin. Guard Aminu Mohammed put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 27 points and ten rebounds.
Marquette is the favorite in this one, with an expected 13-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Golden Eagles against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum -- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: Fox Sports 2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Golden Eagles are a big 13-point favorite against the Hoyas, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13-point spread, and stayed right there.
Marquette have won nine out of their last 13 games against Georgetown.
- Jan 07, 2022 - Marquette 92 vs. Georgetown 64
- Mar 10, 2021 - Georgetown 68 vs. Marquette 49
- Jan 02, 2021 - Marquette 64 vs. Georgetown 60
- Feb 26, 2020 - Marquette 93 vs. Georgetown 72
- Jan 18, 2020 - Marquette 84 vs. Georgetown 80
- Mar 09, 2019 - Georgetown 86 vs. Marquette 84
- Jan 15, 2019 - Marquette 74 vs. Georgetown 71
- Feb 26, 2018 - Marquette 90 vs. Georgetown 86
- Dec 30, 2017 - Marquette 74 vs. Georgetown 65
- Feb 11, 2017 - Georgetown 80 vs. Marquette 62
- Dec 28, 2016 - Marquette 76 vs. Georgetown 66
- Mar 01, 2016 - Marquette 88 vs. Georgetown 87
- Jan 02, 2016 - Georgetown 80 vs. Marquette 70
Injury Report for Marquette
- Keeyan Itejere: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Georgetown
- Ryan Mutombo: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Wayne Bristol Jr.: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Jordan Riley: Out for the Season (Shoulder)