Tulsa @ Wichita State
Current Records: Tulsa 7-12; Wichita State 10-8
What to Know
The Wichita State Shockers are 8-2 against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane since November of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Tuesday. Wichita State and Tulsa will face off in an American Athletic battle at 9 p.m. ET at Charles Koch Arena. The Shockers won both of their matches against Tulsa last season (69-65 and 72-53) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
Wichita State lost a heartbreaker to the Tulane Green Wave when they met in January, and they left with a heavy heart again this past Saturday. Wichita State was just a bucket shy of a win and fell 67-66 to Tulane. Guard Dexter Dennis had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 32 minutes but putting up just eight points on 3-for-12 shooting.
Meanwhile, the Golden Hurricane took their contest at home this past Saturday with ease, bagging a 76-45 victory over the South Florida Bulls. Forward Jeriah Horne was the offensive standout of the matchup for Tulsa, picking up 23 points along with six boards. Horne's performance made up for a slower game against Tulane last week.
Wichita State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 4-10 against the spread when favored.
Tulsa's victory lifted them to 7-12 while Wichita State's defeat dropped them down to 10-8. If Tulsa want to win, they will need to focus on stopping the Shockers' guard Craig Porter Jr., who had 15 points in addition to five rebounds, and guard Tyson Etienne, who shot 7-for-15 from beyond the arc and finished with 21 points. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Charles Koch Arena -- Wichita, Kansas
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Shockers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Golden Hurricane, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Wichita State have won eight out of their last ten games against Tulsa.
- Jan 13, 2021 - Wichita State 72 vs. Tulsa 53
- Dec 15, 2020 - Wichita State 69 vs. Tulsa 65
- Mar 08, 2020 - Wichita State 79 vs. Tulsa 57
- Feb 01, 2020 - Tulsa 54 vs. Wichita State 51
- Feb 20, 2019 - Wichita State 81 vs. Tulsa 60
- Feb 02, 2019 - Wichita State 79 vs. Tulsa 68
- Jan 28, 2018 - Wichita State 90 vs. Tulsa 71
- Jan 13, 2018 - Wichita State 72 vs. Tulsa 69
- Nov 16, 2016 - Wichita State 80 vs. Tulsa 53
- Nov 17, 2015 - Tulsa 77 vs. Wichita State 67
Injury Report for Wichita State
- Isaac Abidde: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Jalen Ricks: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Tulsa
- Keyshawn Embery-Simpson: Out for the Season (Academics)
- Josh Earley: Out for the Season (Academics)