Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Charlotte Hornets, but thus far the points are on their side. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Cleveland Cavaliers as Charlotte lead 96-80.
The Hornets have been led by shooting guard Terry Rozier, who so far has 24 points and seven assists in addition to six rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is LaMelo Ball's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Cleveland has been relying on the performance of center Jarrett Allen, who has 16 points along with eight boards.
Charlotte @ Cleveland
Current Records: Charlotte 30-33; Cleveland 36-25
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Charlotte Hornets at 7 p.m. ET March 2 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
The Cavaliers were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Monday as they fell 127-122 to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Cleveland's loss shouldn't obscure the performances of power forward Kevin Love, who shot 5-for-10 from downtown and finished with 26 points and five boards, and point guard Brandon Goodwin, who dropped a double-double on 17 points and 12 dimes. Love hadn't helped his team much against the Washington Wizards this past Saturday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, Charlotte was expected to have a tough go of it on Monday, and that's exactly how things played out. They have to be aching after a bruising 130-106 defeat to the Milwaukee Bucks. The Hornets were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 76-53. The top scorer for Charlotte was point guard LaMelo Ball (24 points).
Cleveland is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Cleveland against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past five consecutive games.
The Cavaliers are now 36-25 while Charlotte sits at 30-33. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Cleveland ranks first in the league when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 102.7 on average. But Charlotte comes into the matchup boasting the most points per game in the league at 114.1. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Cavaliers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cleveland have won 16 out of their last 23 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 04, 2022 - Cleveland 102 vs. Charlotte 101
- Nov 01, 2021 - Cleveland 113 vs. Charlotte 110
- Oct 22, 2021 - Charlotte 123 vs. Cleveland 112
- Apr 23, 2021 - Charlotte 108 vs. Cleveland 102
- Apr 14, 2021 - Cleveland 103 vs. Charlotte 90
- Dec 23, 2020 - Cleveland 121 vs. Charlotte 114
- Jan 02, 2020 - Charlotte 109 vs. Cleveland 106
- Dec 18, 2019 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 98
- Apr 09, 2019 - Charlotte 124 vs. Cleveland 97
- Dec 19, 2018 - Charlotte 110 vs. Cleveland 99
- Nov 13, 2018 - Cleveland 113 vs. Charlotte 89
- Nov 03, 2018 - Charlotte 126 vs. Cleveland 94
- Mar 28, 2018 - Cleveland 118 vs. Charlotte 105
- Nov 24, 2017 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 99
- Nov 15, 2017 - Cleveland 115 vs. Charlotte 107
- Mar 24, 2017 - Cleveland 112 vs. Charlotte 105
- Dec 31, 2016 - Cleveland 121 vs. Charlotte 109
- Dec 10, 2016 - Cleveland 116 vs. Charlotte 105
- Nov 13, 2016 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 93
- Apr 03, 2016 - Cleveland 112 vs. Charlotte 103
- Feb 24, 2016 - Cleveland 114 vs. Charlotte 103
- Feb 03, 2016 - Charlotte 106 vs. Cleveland 97
- Nov 27, 2015 - Cleveland 95 vs. Charlotte 90
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Caris LeVert: Out (Foot)
- Rajon Rondo: Out (Toe)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Jalen McDaniels: Out (Ankle)
- James Bouknight: Out (Neck)
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Ankle)