Through 3 Quarters
The Memphis Grizzlies were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Houston Rockets as the Grizzlies lead 105-73.
Point guard Ja Morant has led the way so far for Memphis, as he has 22 points and six assists along with six boards. A double-double would be Morant's third in a row.
Houston has been relying on the performance of small forward Jae'Sean Tate, who has 14 points in addition to nine rebounds.
This is the most points the Grizz has had yet this season going into the fourth quarter.
Houston @ Memphis
Current Records: Houston 1-12; Memphis 6-7
What to Know
After a three-game homestand, the Houston Rockets will be on the road. The Rockets and the Memphis Grizzlies will face off in a Southwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET on Monday at FedExForum. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Houston suffered a grim 115-89 defeat to the Phoenix Suns on Sunday. Shooting guard Jalen Green had a pretty forgettable game, picking up four fouls and turning the ball over four times en route to a 4-for-14, 12-point finish.
Meanwhile, Memphis ended up a good deal behind the New Orleans Pelicans when they played this past Saturday, losing 112-101. A silver lining for the Grizz was the play of point guard Ja Morant, who almost dropped a triple-double on 22 points, ten dimes, and nine boards.
The Rockets are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
Houston is now 1-12 while Memphis sits at 6-7. Two stats to keep an eye on: Houston has allowed their opponents an average of 11.2 steals per game, the most in the league. To make matters even worse for the Rockets, the Grizzlies rank third in the league when it comes to steals per game, with 9.85 on average. In other words, Houston will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as an 11-point favorite.
Houston have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Memphis.
- Mar 29, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Houston 110
- Feb 28, 2021 - Memphis 133 vs. Houston 84
- Feb 04, 2021 - Houston 115 vs. Memphis 103
- Feb 26, 2020 - Houston 140 vs. Memphis 112
- Jan 14, 2020 - Memphis 121 vs. Houston 110
- Nov 04, 2019 - Houston 107 vs. Memphis 100
- Mar 20, 2019 - Memphis 126 vs. Houston 125
- Jan 14, 2019 - Houston 112 vs. Memphis 94
- Dec 31, 2018 - Houston 113 vs. Memphis 101
- Dec 15, 2018 - Houston 105 vs. Memphis 97
- Nov 18, 2017 - Houston 105 vs. Memphis 83
- Nov 11, 2017 - Houston 111 vs. Memphis 96
- Oct 28, 2017 - Memphis 103 vs. Houston 89
- Oct 23, 2017 - Memphis 98 vs. Houston 90
- Mar 04, 2017 - Houston 123 vs. Memphis 108
- Jan 21, 2017 - Houston 119 vs. Memphis 95
- Jan 13, 2017 - Memphis 110 vs. Houston 105
- Dec 23, 2016 - Memphis 115 vs. Houston 109
- Mar 14, 2016 - Houston 130 vs. Memphis 81
- Jan 12, 2016 - Houston 107 vs. Memphis 91
- Nov 25, 2015 - Memphis 102 vs. Houston 93
- Nov 20, 2015 - Memphis 96 vs. Houston 84
Injury Report for MemphisNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Houston
- Eric Gordon: Out (Groin)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)