Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Memphis Grizzlies and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. It's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Oklahoma City Thunder as Memphis lead 118-62.
The Grizzlies have been riding high on the performance of power forward Jaren Jackson Jr., who has shot 6-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 27 points and two blocks.
Oklahoma City has been led by small forward Luguentz Dort, who so far has 15 points.
If the contest were over at this point, it would be the Thunder's worst margin of defeat yet this year.
Oklahoma City @ Memphis
Current Records: Oklahoma City 6-15; Memphis 11-10
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Memphis Grizzlies at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 2 at FedExForum. Memphis should still be feeling good after a win, while the Thunder will be looking to right the ship.
It was a hard-fought game, but Oklahoma City had to settle for a 114-110 loss against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday. Point guard Tre Mann had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 11 points on 4-for-13 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Memphis picked up a 98-91 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday. Memphis' power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. looked sharp as he had 25 points in addition to six boards and five blocks.
Oklahoma City is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 12-6 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Thunder are now 6-15 while the Grizzlies sit at 11-10. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Oklahoma City is second worst in the league in points per game, with only 99 on average. Memphis has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the second most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 114.4 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a big 11-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 9.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 13 out of their last 20 games against Memphis.
- Mar 24, 2021 - Memphis 116 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Mar 14, 2021 - Oklahoma City 128 vs. Memphis 122
- Feb 17, 2021 - Memphis 122 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Aug 07, 2020 - Memphis 121 vs. Oklahoma City 92
- Dec 26, 2019 - Memphis 110 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Dec 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City 126 vs. Memphis 122
- Mar 25, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Mar 03, 2019 - Oklahoma City 99 vs. Memphis 95
- Feb 07, 2019 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Memphis 95
- Apr 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City 137 vs. Memphis 123
- Feb 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City 121 vs. Memphis 114
- Feb 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 09, 2017 - Oklahoma City 102 vs. Memphis 101
- Apr 05, 2017 - Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 03, 2017 - Oklahoma City 114 vs. Memphis 102
- Jan 11, 2017 - Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 29, 2016 - Memphis 114 vs. Oklahoma City 80
- Jan 06, 2016 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Memphis 94
- Dec 08, 2015 - Oklahoma City 125 vs. Memphis 88
- Nov 16, 2015 - Memphis 122 vs. Oklahoma City 114
Injury Report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Out (Back)
- Ziaire Williams: Out (Knee)
- Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Derrick Favors: Out (Illness)
- Kenrich Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Concussion)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Illness)