Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Brooklyn Nets and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Washington Wizards 82-64.
Power forward Kevin Durant has led the way so far for Brooklyn, as he has 20 points in addition to six rebounds. Washington has been relying on the performance of center Daniel Gafford, who has 13 points along with five boards.
Washington @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Washington 2-0; Brooklyn 1-2
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets are getting right back to it as they host the Washington Wizards at 7:30 p.m. ET Oct. 25 at Barclays Center. The Nets are out to stop a six-game streak of losses at home.
The point spread favored Brooklyn on Sunday, but luck did not. The matchup between Brooklyn and the Charlotte Hornets was not particularly close, with Brooklyn falling 111-95. Point guard Patty Mills wasn't much of a difference maker for Brooklyn; Mills finished with only five points on 2-for-10 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Washington ultimately got the result they were hoping for this past Friday with a 135-134 win over the Indiana Pacers. The score was all tied up at the break 73-73, but the Wizards were the better team in the second half. Among those leading the charge for them was point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, who shot 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 34 points, nine assists and six rebounds.
Washington's victory lifted them to 2-0 while Brooklyn's loss dropped them down to 1-2. We'll see if Washington can repeat their recent success or if the Nets bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Nets are a solid 6-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Nets slightly, as the game opened with the Nets as an 8.5-point favorite.
Washington have won 14 out of their last 20 games against Brooklyn.
- Mar 21, 2021 - Brooklyn 113 vs. Washington 106
- Jan 31, 2021 - Washington 149 vs. Brooklyn 146
- Jan 03, 2021 - Washington 123 vs. Brooklyn 122
- Aug 02, 2020 - Brooklyn 118 vs. Washington 110
- Feb 26, 2020 - Washington 110 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Feb 01, 2020 - Washington 113 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Feb 27, 2019 - Washington 125 vs. Brooklyn 116
- Dec 14, 2018 - Brooklyn 125 vs. Washington 118
- Dec 01, 2018 - Washington 102 vs. Brooklyn 88
- Nov 16, 2018 - Brooklyn 115 vs. Washington 104
- Jan 13, 2018 - Washington 119 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Dec 22, 2017 - Brooklyn 119 vs. Washington 84
- Dec 12, 2017 - Brooklyn 103 vs. Washington 98
- Mar 24, 2017 - Washington 129 vs. Brooklyn 108
- Feb 08, 2017 - Washington 114 vs. Brooklyn 110
- Dec 30, 2016 - Washington 118 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Dec 05, 2016 - Washington 118 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Apr 11, 2016 - Washington 120 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Apr 06, 2016 - Washington 121 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Dec 26, 2015 - Washington 111 vs. Brooklyn 96
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Rest)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Washington
- Anthony Gill: Out (Calf)
- Cassius Winston: Out (Hamstring)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)