Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Golden State Warriors and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. It's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Cleveland Cavaliers as the Warriors lead 81-60.
Golden State has been riding high on the performance of point guard Stephen Curry, who has 26 points and five assists along with five boards. Cleveland hasn't had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 13 points or fewer.
This is the least points Cleveland has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Cleveland @ Golden State
Current Records: Cleveland 22-17; Golden State 29-9
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors are 22-6 against the Cleveland Cavaliers since December of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Sunday. Golden State will take on Cleveland at 8:30 p.m. ET at Chase Center after having had a few days off. The Cavaliers will be strutting in after a win while Golden State will be stumbling in from a loss.
Golden State was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Thursday as they fell 101-96 to the New Orleans Pelicans. One thing holding Golden State back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Jordan Poole, who did not have his best game: he finished with 11 points on 3-for-14 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between Cleveland and the Portland Trail Blazers this past Friday was still a pretty decisive one as Cleveland wrapped it up with a 114-101 victory on the road. Cleveland's point guard Darius Garland did his thing and shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points and six assists.
Golden State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Golden State against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
The Warriors are now 29-9 while the Cavaliers sit at 22-17. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: Golden State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.50%, which places them first in the league. As for Cleveland, they come into the matchup boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 102.5.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $80.00
The Warriors are a big 8-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Warriors slightly, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 9.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 22 out of their last 28 games against Cleveland.
- Nov 18, 2021 - Golden State 104 vs. Cleveland 89
- Apr 15, 2021 - Golden State 119 vs. Cleveland 101
- Feb 15, 2021 - Golden State 129 vs. Cleveland 98
- Feb 01, 2020 - Golden State 131 vs. Cleveland 112
- Apr 05, 2019 - Golden State 120 vs. Cleveland 114
- Dec 05, 2018 - Golden State 129 vs. Cleveland 105
- Jun 08, 2018 - Golden State 108 vs. Cleveland 85
- Jun 06, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. Cleveland 102
- Jun 03, 2018 - Golden State 122 vs. Cleveland 103
- May 31, 2018 - Golden State 124 vs. Cleveland 114
- Jan 15, 2018 - Golden State 118 vs. Cleveland 108
- Dec 25, 2017 - Golden State 99 vs. Cleveland 92
- Jun 12, 2017 - Golden State 129 vs. Cleveland 120
- Jun 09, 2017 - Cleveland 137 vs. Golden State 116
- Jun 07, 2017 - Golden State 118 vs. Cleveland 113
- Jun 04, 2017 - Golden State 132 vs. Cleveland 113
- Jun 01, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. Cleveland 91
- Jan 16, 2017 - Golden State 126 vs. Cleveland 91
- Dec 25, 2016 - Cleveland 109 vs. Golden State 108
- Jun 19, 2016 - Cleveland 93 vs. Golden State 89
- Jun 16, 2016 - Cleveland 115 vs. Golden State 101
- Jun 13, 2016 - Cleveland 112 vs. Golden State 97
- Jun 10, 2016 - Golden State 108 vs. Cleveland 97
- Jun 08, 2016 - Cleveland 120 vs. Golden State 90
- Jun 05, 2016 - Golden State 110 vs. Cleveland 77
- Jun 02, 2016 - Golden State 104 vs. Cleveland 89
- Jan 18, 2016 - Golden State 132 vs. Cleveland 98
- Dec 25, 2015 - Golden State 89 vs. Cleveland 83
Injury Report for Golden State
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Isaac Okoro: Out (Elbow)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)