Through 1 Quarter
The Los Angeles Rams typically have all the answers at home, but the Arizona Cardinals are posing a tough problem. The Cardinals have emerged as the frontrunner after one quarter and are ahead of Los Angeles 7 to nothing. Arizona has been led by TE Dan Arnold, who so far has caught one pass for one TD and 59 yards.
Arizona and Los Angeles have certainly played as if they're avenging a loss, because they are. Arizona will have to keep the pressure on with three quarters left to play.
Los Angeles @ Arizona
Current Records: Los Angeles 7-4; Arizona 6-5
What to Know
The Los Angeles Rams are 7-1 against the Arizona Cardinals since October of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. The Rams and Arizona will face off in an NFC West battle at 4:05 p.m. ET at State Farm Stadium. Los Angeles won both of their matches against Arizona last season (34-7 and 31-24) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Los Angeles entered their game against the San Francisco 49ers last week without any home losses -- but there's a first time for everything. It was close but no cigar for Los Angeles as they fell 23-20 to San Francisco. Los Angeles' loss came about despite a quality game from RB Cam Akers, who punched in one rushing touchdown. Akers' longest run was for 61 yards in the third quarter.
The Cardinals lost a heartbreaker to the New England Patriots when they met in September of 2016, and they left with a heavy heart again last week. Arizona fell in a 20-17 heartbreaker. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but they had been the slight favorite coming in. One thing holding Arizona back was the mediocre play of QB Kyler Murray, who did not have his best game: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw one interception with only 170 yards passing.
Having both suffered close losses, these teams will no doubt be fighting for every inch to win this one. Giving up four turnovers, Los Angeles had had trouble holding onto the ball. We'll see if Arizona can exploit that vulnerability.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:05 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Stadium -- Glendale, Arizona
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $64.97
The Rams are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rams as a 1.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won eight out of their last ten games against Arizona.
- Dec 29, 2019 - Los Angeles 31 vs. Arizona 24
- Dec 01, 2019 - Los Angeles 34 vs. Arizona 7
- Dec 23, 2018 - Los Angeles 31 vs. Arizona 9
- Sep 16, 2018 - Los Angeles 34 vs. Arizona 0
- Dec 03, 2017 - Los Angeles 32 vs. Arizona 16
- Oct 22, 2017 - Los Angeles 33 vs. Arizona 0
- Jan 01, 2017 - Arizona 44 vs. Los Angeles 6
- Oct 02, 2016 - Los Angeles 17 vs. Arizona 13
- Dec 06, 2015 - Arizona 27 vs. Los Angeles 3
- Oct 04, 2015 - Los Angeles 24 vs. Arizona 22
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Kyler Murray: 23.25 points
- DeAndre Hopkins: 10.21 points
- Robert Woods: 8.81 points