Brooklyn @ Minnesota
Current Records: Brooklyn 36-17; Minnesota 14-40
What to Know
This Monday, the Minnesota Timberwolves are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 117.72 points per game. They are getting right back to it as they host the Brooklyn Nets at 8 p.m. ET April 12 at Target Center. Minnesota isn't favored, but they just beat the odds in their last contest, so don't count them out.
It was a close one, but on Sunday the Timberwolves sidestepped the Chicago Bulls for a 121-117 victory. Minnesota's center Karl-Anthony Towns did his thing and almost posted a triple-double on 27 points, 12 rebounds, and eight dimes. That makes it ten consecutive games in which Towns has had at least 12 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn's and the Los Angeles Lakers' matchup this past Saturday was up for grabs at halftime, but Brooklyn was thoroughly outmatched 65-43 in the second half. Brooklyn's bruising 126-101 loss to the Lakers might stick with them for a while. The Nets were probably expecting an easy win given their 11.5-point advantage in the point spread, but Los Angeles gave them no such satisfaction. The top scorer for Brooklyn was power forward Kevin Durant (22 points).
The Timberwolves are now 14-40 while Brooklyn sits at 36-17. Minnesota is 1-12 after wins this year, and Brooklyn is 10-6 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports North Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nets are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Nets slightly, as the game opened with the Nets as a 9.5-point favorite.
Minnesota have won eight out of their last 11 games against Brooklyn.
- Mar 29, 2021 - Brooklyn 112 vs. Minnesota 107
- Dec 30, 2019 - Minnesota 122 vs. Brooklyn 115
- Oct 23, 2019 - Minnesota 127 vs. Brooklyn 126
- Nov 23, 2018 - Minnesota 112 vs. Brooklyn 102
- Nov 12, 2018 - Minnesota 120 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 27, 2018 - Minnesota 111 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 03, 2018 - Brooklyn 98 vs. Minnesota 97
- Jan 28, 2017 - Minnesota 129 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Nov 08, 2016 - Brooklyn 119 vs. Minnesota 110
- Mar 05, 2016 - Minnesota 132 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Dec 20, 2015 - Minnesota 100 vs. Brooklyn 85