Los Angeles @ Las Vegas
Current Records: Los Angeles 4-9; Las Vegas 7-6
What to Know
The Las Vegas Raiders need to shore up a defense that is allowing 30.08 points per matchup before their game on Thursday. Las Vegas and the Los Angeles Chargers will face off in an AFC West battle at 8:20 p.m. ET at Allegiant Stadium. Los Angeles will be strutting in after a win while the Raiders will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Las Vegas received a tough blow last week as they fell 44-27 to the Indianapolis Colts. Despite the loss, Las Vegas had strong showings from QB Derek Carr, who passed for two TDs and 316 yards on 45 attempts in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown, and WR Nelson Agholor, who caught five passes for one TD and 100 yards. Carr ended up with a passer rating of 133.70.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Atlanta Falcons 20-17. The Chargers' RB Austin Ekeler filled up the stat sheet, picked up 79 yards on the ground on 15 carries and caught nine passes for 67 yards.
Los Angeles' victory brought them up to 4-9 while the Raiders' defeat pulled them down to 7-6. Los Angeles has been eliminated from playoff contention. Las Vegas is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next three games are critical for them.
Las Vegas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
The Raiders didn't have too much breathing room in their contest with the Chargers in the teams' previous meeting last month, but they still walked away with a 31-26 win. Will Las Vegas repeat their success, or does Los Angeles have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Where: Allegiant Stadium -- Paradise, Nevada
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $295.99
The Raiders are a 3.5-point favorite against the Chargers, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Las Vegas have won seven out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Nov 08, 2020 - Las Vegas 31 vs. Los Angeles 26
- Dec 22, 2019 - Las Vegas 24 vs. Los Angeles 17
- Nov 07, 2019 - Las Vegas 26 vs. Los Angeles 24
- Nov 11, 2018 - Los Angeles 20 vs. Las Vegas 6
- Oct 07, 2018 - Los Angeles 26 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Dec 31, 2017 - Los Angeles 30 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Oct 15, 2017 - Los Angeles 17 vs. Las Vegas 16
- Dec 18, 2016 - Las Vegas 19 vs. Los Angeles 16
- Oct 09, 2016 - Las Vegas 34 vs. Los Angeles 31
- Dec 24, 2015 - Las Vegas 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 25, 2015 - Las Vegas 37 vs. Los Angeles 29
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Justin Herbert: 25.66 points
- Austin Ekeler: 11.01 points
- Keenan Allen: 8.82 points