San Francisco @ Arizona
Current Records: San Francisco 2-2; Arizona 4-0
What to Know
The Arizona Cardinals will be returning home after a two-game road trip. The Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers will face off in an NFC West battle at 4:25 p.m. ET Sunday at State Farm Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with Arizona winning the first 24-20 on the road and San Francisco taking the second 20-12.
Arizona didn't have too much trouble with the Los Angeles Rams on the road last week as they won 37-20. Arizona can attribute much of their success to QB Kyler Murray, who passed for two TDs and 268 yards on 32 attempts in addition to picking up 39 yards on the ground, and RB Chase Edmonds, who picked up 120 yards on the ground on 12 carries. This was the first time Edmonds has racked up 100+ rushing yards all year.
Special teams collected 13 points for Arizona. K Matt Prater delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 7-7 at halftime, but the 49ers were not quite the Seattle Seahawks' equal in the second half when they met last week. San Francisco came up short against the Seahawks, falling 28-21. San Francisco gained 223 more yards than Seattle, but the latter made more effective use of their yardage. A silver lining for San Francisco was the play of WR Deebo Samuel, who caught eight passes for two TDs and 156 yards. One of the most thrilling moments was Samuel's 76-yard TD reception down the right side of the field in the third quarter.
The Cardinals are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. Those brave souls putting their money on San Francisco against the spread have faith in an upset since their team's 1-3 record ATS can't hold a candle to Arizona's 3-1.
Arizona is now a perfect 4-0 while San Francisco sits at 2-2. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Arizona enters the matchup with eight forced fumbles, which is the best in the league. As for the 49ers, they rank fourth in the NFL when it comes to thrown interceptions, with only two on the season.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Stadium -- Glendale, Arizona
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $150.00
The Cardinals are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the 49ers, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Cardinals as a 2.5-point favorite.
Arizona have won nine out of their last 12 games against San Francisco.
- Dec 26, 2020 - San Francisco 20 vs. Arizona 12
- Sep 13, 2020 - Arizona 24 vs. San Francisco 20
- Nov 17, 2019 - San Francisco 36 vs. Arizona 26
- Oct 31, 2019 - San Francisco 28 vs. Arizona 25
- Oct 28, 2018 - Arizona 18 vs. San Francisco 15
- Oct 07, 2018 - Arizona 28 vs. San Francisco 18
- Nov 05, 2017 - Arizona 20 vs. San Francisco 10
- Oct 01, 2017 - Arizona 18 vs. San Francisco 15
- Nov 13, 2016 - Arizona 23 vs. San Francisco 20
- Oct 06, 2016 - Arizona 33 vs. San Francisco 21
- Nov 29, 2015 - Arizona 19 vs. San Francisco 13
- Sep 27, 2015 - Arizona 47 vs. San Francisco 7