Box score for James Harden's 56-point game doesn't even look real
Harden had 54 through three quarters, and looked like he hardly broke a sweat
The Rockets guard put up a career-high 56 points while dishing out 13 assists in a 137-110 win over the Jazz in Houston, and he did it in one of the most impressive ways in NBA history.
His final stat line: 56 points, 13 assists, 19-25 FG, 7-8 3PT, 11-12 FT, 35 minutes
Here are some notes from his game:
- He scored 54 points in just three quarters
- He became just the second player to score 50 or more points while dishing out 13 or more assists (Oscar Robertson)
- His 56 points were the second most in NBA history on 25 field-goal attempts
- His 56 points were just one point shy of Calvin Murphy's franchise record
- It was the sixth 50-point game of Harden's career -- no other player in Rockets history has more than two
Needless to say it was a memorable night for Harden, who helped the Rockets improve to 8-3.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Beilein is reportedly set to depart Cleveland 54 games into his first season leading an NBA...
Irving missed 26 games with a shoulder injury earlier this season
Jackson will give the Clippers another playmaker in the second unit
Breaking down the matchups and championship chances of the league's three best teams
Joe Lacob says his Warriors will play hard, and is certain Stephen Curry will return: 'That's...
Keep up with the latest player movement around the league