Kansas City @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Kansas City 1-0; Los Angeles 1-0
Last Season Records: Los Angeles 5-11; Kansas City 12-4
What to Know
The Kansas City Chiefs are 7-1 against the Los Angeles Chargers since September of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Kansas City and Los Angeles will face off in an AFC West battle at 4:25 p.m. ET at SoFi Stadium. The Chiefs won both of their matches against the Chargers last season (24-17 and 31-21) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
Kansas City took care of business in their home opener. They netted a 34-20 victory over the Houston Texans last week. Kansas City can attribute much of their success to RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who rushed for one TD and 138 yards on 25 carries.
Kansas City's defense was a presence as well, as it got past Houston's offensive line to sack QB Deshaun Watson four times for a loss of 11 yards. It was a group effort with three picking up one sack apiece.
Meanwhile, the Chargers had to kick off their season on the road last week, but they showed no ill effects. They skirted past the Cincinnati Bengals 16-13. Kudos to the oddsmakers for accurately forecasting both the winner and the close margin. Los Angeles' only touchdown came from RB Joshua Kelley.
Most of the squad's points came courtesy of special teams, which contributed ten. Kicker K Mike Badgley delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Their wins lifted both teams to an identical 1-0. Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports to find out who keeps up the positive energy and who hits a stumbling block.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium -- Inglewood, California
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $108.00
The Chiefs are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Chargers, according to the latest NFL odds.
Vegas had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Chiefs as a 7.5-point favorite.
Kansas City have won nine out of their last ten games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 29, 2019 - Kansas City 31 vs. Los Angeles 21
- Nov 18, 2019 - Kansas City 24 vs. Los Angeles 17
- Dec 13, 2018 - Los Angeles 29 vs. Kansas City 28
- Sep 09, 2018 - Kansas City 38 vs. Los Angeles 28
- Dec 16, 2017 - Kansas City 30 vs. Los Angeles 13
- Sep 24, 2017 - Kansas City 24 vs. Los Angeles 10
- Jan 01, 2017 - Kansas City 37 vs. Los Angeles 27
- Sep 11, 2016 - Kansas City 33 vs. Los Angeles 27
- Dec 13, 2015 - Kansas City 10 vs. Los Angeles 3
- Nov 22, 2015 - Kansas City 33 vs. Los Angeles 3
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Patrick Mahomes: 25.27 points
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 13.01 points
- Travis Kelce: 10.42 points