Washington @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Washington 6-9; Philadelphia 4-10-1
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Philadelphia Eagles are heading back home. Philadelphia and the Washington Football Team will face off in an NFC East battle at 8:20 p.m. ET on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles will be seeking to avenge the 27-17 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played Sept. 13 of last year.
It looks like Philadelphia must have gotten on Santa's naughty list since the team didn't end up with the victory they were expected to receive last week. They took a 37-17 bruising from the Dallas Cowboys. Philadelphia might not have won anyway, but their 115 penalty yards sure didn't help matters. No one had a standout game offensively for Philadelphia, but they got scores from RB Miles Sanders and WR DeSean Jackson. QB Jalen Hurts ended up with a passer rating of 125.70.
Meanwhile, Washington came up short against the Carolina Panthers last week, falling 20-13. RB J.D. McKissic put forth a good effort for the losing side as he caught eight passes for one TD and 77 yards.
The Eagles are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the win. One last thing to keep an eye on: Philadelphia gashed the right side of the field in their last contest, rushing toward the right sideline for 94 yards on 6.27 yards per rush. That's bad news for Washington, who had a hard time containing the rush on the right side of the field against Carolina.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Where: Lincoln Financial Field -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: NBC
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $135.29
The Football Team are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Eagles as a 1-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won six out of their last 11 games against Washington.
- Sep 13, 2020 - Washington 27 vs. Philadelphia 17
- Dec 15, 2019 - Philadelphia 37 vs. Washington 27
- Sep 08, 2019 - Philadelphia 32 vs. Washington 27
- Dec 30, 2018 - Philadelphia 24 vs. Washington 0
- Dec 03, 2018 - Philadelphia 28 vs. Washington 13
- Oct 23, 2017 - Philadelphia 34 vs. Washington 24
- Sep 10, 2017 - Philadelphia 30 vs. Washington 17
- Dec 11, 2016 - Washington 27 vs. Philadelphia 22
- Oct 16, 2016 - Washington 27 vs. Philadelphia 20
- Dec 26, 2015 - Washington 38 vs. Philadelphia 24
- Oct 04, 2015 - Washington 23 vs. Philadelphia 20
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Jalen Hurts: 20.44 points
- Zach Ertz: 4.21 points
- Boston Scott: 5.6 points