FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (May 21, 1998) -- CBS SportsLine (cbs.sportsline.com) "goes deep" with its exclusive online multimedia coverage of the 1998 College World Series as the final eight teams battle for the crown in Omaha, Nebraska. CBS Television will feature live broadcasts of early-round games on Saturday, May 30 and the championship game on Saturday, June 6.
College baseball fans around the world can track the progress of their favorite teams with up-to-the-minute scores timely and in-depth news and information, all conveniently packaged in this comprehensive site. In addition, CBS SportsLine will announce online the 1998 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Player of the Year and National Collegiate All-Star Team-comprised of the 30 top players in the nation-on Saturday, May 30, at 1:00 P.M. ET.
The exclusive package from CBS SportsLine also offers a variety of features including:
· Audio - Archives of player and manager reactions from Day One of the CWS are available. Fans can also get game reports recapping the top matchups of the Tournament.
· Video - Exclusive CBS Sports video features throughout the CWS including comments from major league players recounting their memories and stories, and highlights from recent other College World Series tournaments.
· Editorial - CBS SportsLine's staff of more than 20 journalists has teamed up with the National Collegiate Baseball Writers' Association in an arrangement to provide the most current and in-depth information available anywhere about the College World Series.
· Team Pages - Breakdowns of each team, including rosters, results, and statistics.
· History - Fans can track past CWS results, Tournament MVP's and team histories.
· Polls - Daily polls let fans have their say on timely topics related to the CWS and college baseball in general.
SportsLine USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLN) is a leading Internet-based sports media company that provides branded, interactive information and programming as well as merchandise to sports enthusiasts worldwide. SportsLine USA publishes CBS SportsLine, which features more than 300,000 pages of multimedia sports information, entertainment and merchandise covering all major professional, collegiate and inter-national sports and includes exclusive content from sports teams, organizations and superstars such as Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and Shaquille O'Neal. SportsLine USA was founded in 1994, and its Internet sports service was renamed CBS SportsLine in March of 1997 as part of an exclusive five-year promotional and content agreement with CBS Sports.
For information contact: Bret Werner/Jerry Milani, Alan Taylor Communications. (212) 714-1280