NFL DFS Week 7: Get Palmer, Bryant out of your DraftKings, FanDuel lineups
DFS pro Mike McClure says Carson Palmer and Dez Bryant should be nowhere near your lineups
Whether you're entering daily fantasy football cash games or tournaments on DraftKings or FanDuel, you need to know which players DFS pro Mike McClure hates in Week 7.
McClure has more than $1 million in career DFS winnings and is off to a hot start this season. He has cashed multiple tournament lineups already and he has done it by staying away from massive busts.
In Week 6, he recommended avoiding Travis Kelce and Aaron Jones, both overpriced, and instead rostered value running back Mark Ingram in his lineup for tournaments. The result? Kelce had one of his worst games of the year with just four catches for 37 yards. Jones, who was a breakout player in Week 5 with 125 rushing yards and a touchdown, came back to Earth with just 41 yards and didn't find the end zone.
Meanwhile, Ingram, who was just $5,900 on FanDuel, exploded for 150 yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns -- one of the top performances in the NFL.
Now, McClure has revealed a list of five players he absolutely hates for any daily fantasy football tournament, 50-50 cash game, or head-to-head contest for NFL Week 7. Avoid them all like the plague:
1. Carson Palmer, QB, Cardinals: Palmer has been decent due to heavy pass volume, but that's going to change quickly if the Cardinals plan to give Adrian Peterson 25 carries per game. There are better options for the money at quarterback this week.
2. C.J. Anderson, RB, Broncos: Anderson is way overpriced on DraftKings at $7,200. The workload is too inconsistent to pay a price similar to LeSean McCoy and Melvin Gordon.
3. DeMarco Murray, RB, Titans: The price is dropping to a level that might be enticing, but McClure is staying away since it's becoming very clear that Derrick Henry is the lead back for the Titans. While both players could feast on the Browns this week, McClure says pass on Murray in your DFS lineups.
4. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys: The Cowboys have a number of options offensively and Dez isn't the dominant player we thought he would be in this offense. McClure prefers Michael Thomas and Mike Evans at lower salaries on DraftKings.
5. Delanie Walker, TE, Titans: Walker is the most expensive tight end on the main slate on DraftKings despite not scoring a touchdown all season. The matchup is great on paper, but the Titans have a number of weapons that can find the end zone, so McClure says avoid the $5,800 price tag for Walker even if he is getting consistent targets.
So who is DFS pro Mike McClure putting in his optimal DFS lineup for tournaments this week? Visit SportsLine now to see the full NFL Week 7 optimal lineup from a professional DFS player who has rostered multiple profitable lineups already this year and has over $1 million in career winnings, and find out.
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Frustrations are mounting after another blown call that went against Cleveland
Several defensive stars are also on the sidelines in the Week 7 injury reports, while Khalil...
Pryor has failed to latch onto two teams after moving on from the Browns
What you need to know about the trade deadline, which could be busy based on the events of...
The former Seahawk is flying under the radar in San Francisco, where he's back to his dominant...
SportsLine computer model simulated every Week 7 NFL game 10,000 times with surprising res...