Approximately 43.4 percent of all NFL offseason headlines have been devoted to Russell Wilson in one way or another (Rob Gronkowski accounts for the other 56.6 percent), whether it's contract or his new girlfriend Ciara.

Wilson recently took her on a date to the White House, officially making it official. She's a very attractive lady, which makes it all the more impressive that Wilson is practicing abstinence.

The very religious (and very openly religious) Seahawks quarterback, speaking to The Rock Church, was talking about his relationship and revealed to a live crowd that God "spoke to me" and the two decided to abstain from sex.

"So I met this girl Ciara, who is the most beautiful woman in the world. She’s the most kind person, the most engaging person … I could probably learn some more from her," Wilson said. "Everything I could ever want. I will never forget she was on tour, she was traveling and I was looking at her in the mirror, sitting in her dressing room, she was getting ready to go, about 15 minutes before she went on stage. She was sitting there and God spoke to me and said ‘I need you to lead her ...' "

"I told her right then and there. What would you do if we took all that extra stuff off the table and just do it Jesus' way … Yeah, we’re talking about sex."

As Wilson jokingly says at the end of the video: "I need y’all to pray for us."

Also interesting is his comment that he knew he was going to date Ciara when he was single, telling a friend he planned on it.

“I told somebody that’s the girl I want to be with before I even met her,” Wilson said. “Before I met her, I was like ‘I’m probably going to end up with Ciara.’ ”

She’s a special girl. She’s been through some heartaches too — I’ve been through some heartaches. I married the person I was with in high school ... that didn’t work out, unfortunately. I just trusted God would do the healing process. I’d gone through some ups and downs. "

Wilson also said he believes there's a higher "calling for us to do something special" with their relationship, while noting that he and Ciara are not "going to be perfect by any means."

"Life’s not perfect, nobody’s perfect," Wilson said. "But He’s anointed both of us."

It's hoped that Wilson's message and actions will have a positive impact. But, man, there's a lot of pressure on that relationship out of the gates.

Wink of the CBS Eye to Bro Bible for the video

It turns out that Russell Wilson and Ciara might actually be a thing. (Getty Images)
Russell and Ciara sound pretty serious. (Getty Images)