NBA scores, highlights, results: James Harden drops 41 points as Rockets beat Suns; Giannis leads Bucks past Heat
There were eight games of NBA action on Friday night
An eight-game slate made up the NBA schedule for Friday night.
The night began with the Lakers falling further out of the playoff picture with a loss to the Pistons, as LeBron James sat out due to rest. One of the other early highlights on the night was the Hornets outlasting the Wizards despite Bradley Beal's 40 points.
One of the evening's best battles occurred in Miami, where two playoff teams in the Eastern Conference went head-to-head when the Heat hosted the Milwaukee Bucks. The Heat got off to a huge lead, but the Bucks came storming back to firmly take control in the fourth quarter and pull out the road win.
Elsewhere, the Clippers used a 45-point third quarter to take care of the Chicago Bulls at the Staples Center. Here's everything you need to know about Friday's action, along with Saturday's schedule.
NBA scores for Friday, March 15
- Charlotte Hornets 116, Washington Wizards 110 (Box Score)
- Detroit Pistons 111, Los Angeles Lakers 97 (Box Score)
- Philadelphia 76ers 123, Sacramento Kings 114 (Box Score)
- Portland Trail Blazers 122, New Orleans Pelicans, 110 (Box Score)
- Milwaukee Bucks 113, Miami Heat 98 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 108, Phoenix Suns 102 (Box Score)
- San Antonio Spurs 109, New York Knicks 83 (Box Score)
- Los Angeles Clippers 128, Chicago Bulls 121 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Saturday, March 16
*All times Eastern
- Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics, 12:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Memphis Grizzlies at Washington Wizards, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Phoenix Suns at New Orleans Pelicans, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Golden State Warriors at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: ABC
- Portland Trail Blazers at San Antonio Spurs, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Indiana Pacers at Denver Nuggets, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Brooklyn Nets at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
Rivers, Boylen earn simultaneous ejections
We've seen games in which both coaches get ejected, but we rarely see them get ejected at the exact same time. Clippers coach Doc Rivers and Bulls coach Jim Boylen exchanged words late in the third quarter on Friday night, and both were sent to the showers early.
Harden has big night for Rockets
With Chris Paul out, James Harden expectedly took on the offensive load for the Rockets in a close win over the Suns. The Beard notched 41 points, 11 assists, nine rebounds, six steals and three blocks to continue the quest for a second straight MVP.
Giannis takes over in Bucks win
The league-leading Bucks looked to be having an off night in Miami, but Giannis Antetokounmpo would have none of that. He took over down the stretch to lead a massive Bucks comeback, and finished the night with 33 points, 16 rebounds, nine assists, three blocks and two steals.
Randle, Payton have career nights for Pels
The Pelicans may have lost to the Blazers, but Julius Randle and Elfrid Payton had nights to remember. Randle scored a career-high 45 points on 20-of-34 shooting to go along with 11 rebounds and six assists.
Meanwhile Payton dished out a career-best 16 assists with 14 points and 12 rebounds. He became the first player in Pelicans history to record three straight triple-doubles, and the only player besides Russell Westbrook to accomplish the feat this season.
Wade throws it up, Winslow throws it down
Justise Winslow is left-handed, but he had no problem throwing down a right-handed slam off this alley-oop from Dwyane Wade.
Caldwell-Pope slams it over his former team
The Lakers aren't making the playoffs this season, but Kentavious Caldwell-Pope managed to dunk it over his former team, the Pistons.
Winslow gets chase-down block on Brogdon
This isn't quite LeBron James on Andre Iguodala, but check out this chase-down block by Justise Winslow on Malcolm Brogdon during Friday's game between the Heat and Bucks.
Randle scores 21 points in first quarter
Julius Randle is obviously the top scoring option without Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday in the lineup. The young forward scored 21 points in the opening frame against the Blazers, the most he's ever scored in a single quarter.
Boban to Tobias for an easy slam
Boban Marjanovic isn't exactly known for being a passer, but he'll take this highlight after he hooked up Tobias Harris for an easy slam.
Blake tricks Lakers with handle
The Lakers thought this was a pass ... and well, it wasn't. Blake Griffin managed to trick the Lakers defenders with his handle before nailing the 3-point attempt.
Embiid with no regard for human life
Joel Embiid talks a lot of trash, but he does back it up from time to time. He did so on this dunk highlight over the Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The Houston Rockets superstar is confident a championship isn't too far away
There are still several solid free-agent options available for teams looking to fill needs
Boston's team president had the impression that Kyrie would pick the Brooklyn Nets over the...
Steph Curry has something to say for people commenting on Ayesha's latest viral video
Toronto has a history of finding diamonds in the rough, and Davis could be its latest gem
The whole league has changed, so let's take a step back and take a look at what happened