Wakeup Call: How long will knee injury sideline Cashmere Wright?
How does someone drive 900 miles in the wrong direction? Which stat is having another down year in hoops? Our latest look at Player of the Year, plus Justin Timberlake's new tune. It's all inside.
|Cashmere Wright, who has endured knee injuries in his career, had another one Tuesday night. (AP)|
How does someone drive 900 miles in the wrong direction? Which stat is having another down year in hoops? Our latest look at Player of the Year, plus Justin Timberlake's new tune. It's all below.
Around the World
The Google Doodle that's going to take up a bunch of your day. || "A young woman charged with cleaning a commuter train instead appears to have stolen the empty train." || Big dogs. || You take a few wrong turns and next thing you know, you wind up in Croatia, 900 miles away from home. Oh, lordy. || And here's a headline that just conks you on the noggin.
- Carl Hall is the awesome big guy for Wichita State Shockers who has been out for a few weeks now but is expected to return on Wednesday night.
- Our latest Player of the Year feature is up, and for the first time it's my guy -- who I've had from the get-go -- at the top of the list.
- Let's hope it's not bad: Cincinnati Bearcats 's Cashmere Wright left DePaul's game with a tweak to his knee.
- This one-on-one interview with Marshall Henderson , who hit a hell of a shot to propel Ole Miss Rebels to a win Tuesday night, is strangely intriguing.
- On Tuesday, we showed you why NC State Wolfpack could very well lose on Wednesday night at Maryland. Rush the Court dug deeper on the North Carolina Tar Heels / Duke Blue Devils hangover effect.
- Road whoas: 25 of the past 31 times that Duke has lost on the road, fans have fled to the floor. That is some awesome research and an amazing stat.
- Why the ACC is still a wide-open race, up for grabs for a few teams, and why UNC will make the tournament because of it.
- The extended story and allegations against Luke Martinez and that fateful night of his bar fight.
- For the second straight season, this state with 12 D-I teams stands to see all of its programs miss the NCAA tournament.
- It's the return of a great basketball column, one that I've read for years and years now.
- This doesn't directly deal in basketball, but it's another creepy story out of Syracuse, something with potential to be worse.
- It is simply remarkable how many emotional and inspiring stories are surrounding Saint Louis Billikens this season. Sound familiar? We've shared two of them on the blog in the past five days. And then there's this one, the most impressive of them all.
- Georgetown Hoyas might have a problem with a player.
- A somewhat-exhaustive defense of Rick Barnes. I side with this piece. I see where Barnes' detractors have issues, but overall, I don't think Texas Longhorns is doing itself a disservice by keeping Barnes on board.
- A not-so-common reason given to why the Big Ten is the best conference in basketball.
- And how the Big Ten has discarded a lot of its reputation over ugly ball. Interesting, that, because we've still had some ugly ones this year.
- If you haven't noticed yet, Doug Gottlieb is indeed blogging for us over here, in this space, now. Gottlieb addressed the Kevin O'Neill/ Southern California Trojans situation on Tuesday.
- The bizarre case of the senior who has forgotten how to shoot free throws.
- WCC as a two-bid league this year? Yeah, I buy that now. I think the odds are about 90 percent that it shakes down with two clubs going to the NCAAs.
- Shots from the Heart is back, includes media members this year, and I'm openly jealous that I was snubbed of an invite. Next year, I want in, and I want Borzello in the first round.
- Bill Self honored with a different type of Hall of Fame induction.
- For those who read the WC and play hoops, this is kind of a niche link that I'd recently wondered about. These things are in every gym across the country.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Wisconsin Badgers 's now dunkdialing fools in addition to going into tough gyms and pulling off huge upsets? And Victor Oladipo of all people? Jared Berggren : you're a badd mann.
If you haven't caught it yet, here's the new single from Justin Timberlake, the first music that he has released in more than six years. Thoughts? I like it more on the fifth listen than I did the first. It has met uneven reviews. The whole album is due to drop later this year.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Marvin Bagley, if eligible at Duke this season, projects as the country's top power forwar...
The Big Ten Tournament is a week earlier than usual, so the regular-season schedule may look...
Arizona, Grand Canyon and Tulane are also in Barcelona and have reported to be accounted for...
The Kansas forward is no longer accused of walking out on an $88 tab
Cavaliers basketball coach tapes statement on behalf of his university and his city
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss all things Marvin Bagley and his immediate future