- Rafael Betancourt and Matt Reynolds are drawing some interest at the deadline, according to The Denver Post’s Troy Renck. The Rangers and Angels have called about both players.
- The Mets are unlikely to trade outfielder Scott Hairston, according to FoxSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi. Hairston has hit for surprising power this season, with a .264/.303/.537 line.
- The Indians are receiving calls for Justin Masterson and Shin-Soo Choo, but it’s unlikely the Indians will deal either player, according to Newsradio WTAM’s Nick Camino. Camino doesn’t expect the Indians to do anything before the deadline.
- Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched from the Phillies' Triple-A lineup, and will likely be called up to replace Shane Victorino. Victorino is heading to the Dodgers in a deal for reliever Josh Lindblom.
- The Phillies might not be done selling. Hunter Pence could still be traded to the Giants, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury.
- It’s about 50/50 that the Padres will trade third baseman Chase Headley, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
- The Tigers are looking for a right-handed bat, according to CBSSports.com’s Danny Knobler. It’s unclear whether Victor Martinez will return this season, so the Tigers have focused on looking for a short-term replacement. They still expect Martinez to contribute next year.
For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis on the latest rumors from bloggers Chris Cwik, Jack Moore and Navin Vaswani, follow @MLBRumorsCBS.