NBA scores, highlights: James Harden's 61 points lead Rockets past Knicks; Pacers beat Raptors, but lose Oladipo
The NBA had a 10-game slate on Wednesday evening
It was a busy Wednesday in the NBA as per usual, with 10 games on the docket.
To start the night, the Pacers secured a victory over the Kawhi Leonard-less Raptors, but lost Victor Oladipo to a serious knee injury in the process. Then, the Celtics got their fifth win in a row by beating the Cavaliers, while the Nets took down the Magic to also extend their winning streak to five games.
Later on, James Harden put on an absolute show at Madison Square Garden, tying Kobe Bryant's opponent record with 61 points. Meanwhile, the 76ers were able to hold off the Spurs in a close game in Philadelphia.
Here's everything you need to know about Wednesday's slate, along with Thursday's schedule.
NBA scores for Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Indiana Pacers 110, Toronto Raptors 106 (Box Score)
- Los Angeles Clippers 111, Miami Heat 99 (Box Score)
- Boston Celtics 125, Cleveland Cavaliers 103 (Box Score)
- Brooklyn Nets 114, Orlando Magic 110 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 114,, New York Knicks 110 (Box Score)
- Philadelphia 76ers 122, San Antonio Spurs 120 (Box Score)
- Charlotte Hornets 118, Memphis Grizzlies 107 (Box Score)
- Atlanta Hawks 121, Chicago Bulls 101 (Box Score)
- Detroit Pistons 98, New Orleans Pelicans 94 (Box Score)
- Utah Jazz 114, Denver Nuggets 108 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Thursday, Jan. 24
*All times Eastern
- Golden State Warriors vs. Washington Wizards, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) TV: TNT Streaming: fuboTV (try it free)
- New Orleans Pelicans at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Portland Trail Blazers at Phoenix Suns, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. (GameTracker) TV: TNT Streaming: fuboTV (try it free)
Harden ties Kobe's MSG record
James Harden didn't have any problem extending his 30-point streak. The Rockets guard took care of that early, pouring in 36 points in the first half alone. He finished the game with a jaw-dropping 61 points, tying him with Kobe Bryant for the most points by a Knicks opponent at Madison Square Garden.
Plumlee, Favors ejected after scuffle
Some pushing and shoving ensued between Mason Plumlee and Derrick Favors during the Nuggets-Jazz game on Wednesday, and as a result both were hit with technical fouls and ejections.
Rozier shines in place of Irving
Kyrie Irving was out for the Celtics' game against the Cavaliers, but Terry Rozier is proving to be a strong replacement. Rozier had the best half of his life in the first half, going 8-of-8 from the field for 22 points, including a buzzer-beater to end the half. He finished with 26 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
Anderson goes strong to the rim
Justin Anderson introduced himself to the Bulls on Wednesday night by driving baseline for a thunderous lefty slam.
Embiid slams it off the Simmons dish
The Sixers can have some problems on offense when they get stuck in the halfcourt, but when they get out in transition they're super fun, as Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid proved once again on this play.
Oladipo suffers serious knee injury
Victor Oladipo needed to be the floor during the second quarter of the Pacers' game against the Raptors. He slipped while tracking back on defense and immediately grimaced and grabbed his knee.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Adam Silver and the league are ready to move on from the one-and-done rule -- no matter how...
The NBA draft process could look drastically different by the time the 2022 draft rolls ar...
Foster seems awfully happy to blow the whistle on Houston right now
The team at SportsLine is going big with its top three-way NBA parlay
Neither team played well in the Bucks' 98-97 victory in the first game after the All-Star...
A six-game slate highlighted the first night of NBA action since the All-Star break