My projections-based rankings process generally lends itself to a "start your studs" approach, but there are certainly exceptions. One of those exceptions comes when studs stop performing, or being treated like, studs. That's exactly what has happened with Chris Godwin and JuJu Smith-Schuster.
Godwin's struggles appear to be closely related to the arrival of Antonio Brown. Since Brown joined the Buccaneers, Godwin is the No. 33 receiver in PPR scoring and has topped 53 yards just twice in six games. Since the team's Week 13 bye, it's been even worse, with Godwin seeing just 11.8% of the team's targets. I'm scared to start Godwin, but I have no confidence in starting him.
I honestly have no idea what to make of Smith-Schuster's struggles. He hasn't posted more than 55 yards in a game since Week 10 and he's only topped 75 yards three times all season. He does have an edge on Godwin most weeks in PPR because of his catches, but he's also coming off a three-catch performance against the Bengals on Monday night.
Week 16 WR Preview
The following players are being projected as out for Week 16:
Numbers to Know
- 12 -- Marvin Jones has at least 12 targets in three of his past four games.
- 45 -- Nelson Agholor has 45 targets over his past five games.
- 142.9 -- Corey Davis is the No. 10 WR in PPR leagues with 142.9 Fantasy points since he returned from the Covid IR in Week 7.
- 40.47% -- Marquise Brown is responsible for 40% of Baltimore's air yards; only Terry McLaurin has a higher percentage.
- 16.4 -- Brandon Aiyuk's 16.4 PPR Fantasy points per game ranks 13th, and second among receivers.
- 8.17 -- 78 wide receivers have at least 50 targets this season. JuJu Smith-Schuster's 8.17 yards per catch ranks 76th.
Matchups that matter
CAR Carolina • #11
Age: 27 • Experience: 5 yrs.
Waiver Wire Targets
So who should you start and sit this week? And which surprising quarterback could lead you to victory? Visit SportsLine now to get Week 15 rankings for every position, plus see which QB is going to come out of nowhere to crack the top 10, all from the model that out-performed experts big-time last season.