Hurricane Florence: Here are all the college football, NFL, MLB games impacted by storm
Here's a rundown of matchups affected by the inclement weather hitting the East Coast
Three states have already been issued mandatory evacuations in advance of Hurricane Florence, a Category 4 storm that CBS News says "could become one of the most catastrophic hurricanes to hit the Eastern Seaboard in decades."
The leading edge of the storm has already arrived in North Carolina and, per CBS News, is expected to slow down and wring itself out for days, unloading as much as 2 1/2 feet of rain that could cause flooding well inland and wreak environmental havoc by washing over industrial waste sites and hog farms. Forecasters and politicians pleaded with the public to take the warnings seriously and minced no words in describing the threat.
"This storm is a monster. It's big and it's vicious. It is an extremely, dangerous, life-threatening, historic hurricane," North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper said."The waves and the wind this storm may bring is nothing like you've ever seen. Even if you've ridden out storms before, this one is different. Don't bet your life on riding out a monster."
Meanwhile, athletic directors and team officials across the country are monitoring the hurricane's projected path and a number of sporting events have already been rescheduled or outright cancelled.
- Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- Indianapolis Colts at Washington Redskins (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars (Sunday, 4:25 p.m.)
- Chicago White Sox at Baltimore Orioles (Friday, 7:05 p.m.)
- Miami Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies (Friday, 7:05 p.m.)
- Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees (Friday, 7:05 p.m.)
- New York Mets at Boston Red Sox (Friday, 7:10 p.m.)
- Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves (Friday, 7:35 p.m.)
- Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves (Saturday, 1:05 p.m.)
- New York Mets at Boston Red Sox (Saturday, 4:05 p.m.)
- Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees (Saturday, 4:05 p.m.)
- Chicago White Sox at Baltimore Orioles (Saturday, 7:05 p.m.)
- Miami Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies (Saturday, 7:05 p.m.)
- Chicago White Sox at Baltimore Orioles (Sunday, 1:05 p.m.)
- New York Mets at Boston Red Sox (Sunday, 1:05 p.m.)
- Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees (Sunday, 1:05 p.m.)
- Miami Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies (Sunday, 1:35 p.m.)
- Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves (Sunday, 1:35 p.m.)
- Campbell at Coastal Carolina ( for Wednesday, 2 p.m.)
- Norfolk State at Liberty ( for Dec. 1)
- Boston College at Wake Forest (Thursday, 7:30 p.m.)
- UCF at North Carolina ( )
- Georgia Southern at Clemson ( for Saturday, 12 p.m.)
- East Carolina at Virginia Tech (Saturday, 12:20 p.m.)
- Ohio at Virginia (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Southern Miss at Appalachian State (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
- West Virginia at North Carolina State (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
- LSU at Auburn (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
- Colorado State at Florida (Saturday, 4 p.m.)
- Old Dominion at Charlotte (Saturday, 6 p.m.)
- Middle Tennessee at Georgia ( for Saturday, 12 p.m.)
- Marshall at South Carolina ( )
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Even if you're not playing in an NFL game, you can still get fined
Are NFL rules heading in the 'wrong direction'?
This is why NFL players should always wear their helmet
Get caught up on all the injury information you need to know heading into Week 3's Sunday...
Delicia Cordon says she lives in fear every day
The Cowboys might be down one receiver in the very near future