The UEFA Champions League semifinals continue on Wednesday as favorites Liverpool host underdogs Villarreal at Anfield for their first leg. If the Reds prevail it will be their third final in the last five seasons The Yellow Submarine are back in the semifinals for the second time in their history, looking to pull off another shocker after bouncing Bayern Munich in the quarterfinals and Juventus in the first knockout stage round.
Here's our storylines, how you can watch the match and more:
Wednesday's broadcast schedule
- UEFA Champions League Today, 2 p.m. ET, CBS and Paramount+
- Liverpool vs. Villarreal, 3 p.m. ET, CBS and Paramount+
- UEFA Champions League Post-Match Show, 5 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network and Paramount+
How to watch and odds
- Date: Wednesday, April 27 | Time: 3 p.m. ET
- Location: Anfield -- Liverpool, England
- TV: CBS Live stream: Paramount+
- Odds: Liverpool -345; Draw+460; Villarreal +900 (via Caesars Sportsbook)
Liverpool: The Reds aren't missing any key players, but Roberto Firmino remains doubtful. Eyes will be on how things look in attack, with Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota and Sadio Mane expected to start. That means Colombian sensation Luiz Diaz will likely be the man off the bench for a second-half spark, if they need one.
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
Villarreal: Alberto Moreno (knee) and Yeremy Pino (pulled muscle) are both out for the first leg, while Unai Emery will be sweating the status of striker Gerard Moreno. The Spanish talent is dealing with a hamstring knock that leaves him as doubtful for this clash.
The Reds run rampant and leave the Yellow Submarine sinking after a lopsided 90 minutes. Pick: Liverpool 3, Villarreal 0