From game-time decisions to injuries so significant they affect the value of every single position, let's break down the Fantasy and DFS impact of injuries for every Week 14 matchup. Know when to pivot and how your fantasy roster will be affected.
Below, you'll find a game-by-game look at the injuries you need to know that will have the biggest impact for Fantasy leagues, as well as the implications for DFS players. This week's list of notable names includes quarterbacks Lamar Jackson and Trevor Lawrence; running backs Leonard Fournette, Saquon Barkley, J.K. Dobbins and Najee Harris; receivers Mike Williams and Amari Cooper; tight ends Hayden Hurst and David Njoku; and many others, including key offensive line and defensive injuries to know.
- WR Corey Davis (illness) - Cleared
- RB Michael Carter (ankle) - Cleared
- OT Duane Brown (shoulder) - Cleared
- OT George Fant (illness) - Cleared
- S Ashtyn Davis (hamstring) - Cleared
- SS Lamarcus Joyner (hip) - Cleared
- CB D.J. Reed (illness) - Cleared
- FB Reggie Gilliam (ankle) - Out
- OT Dion Dawkins (ankle) - Questionable
- OLB Matt Milano (knee) - Questionable
- OLB Von Miller (knee) - IR
The majority of offensive players on both sides of this matchup have been cleared. The big news for the Jets is the return of Michael Carter. Zonovan Knight stepped in with the absence of Carter and had 15 carries for 90 yards and five receptions for 28 yards in Week 13. The Jets confirmed Knight will have a continued role but it remains to be seen how the workload will be split. Carter has not seen more than 13 carries in a game this season. It's possible Knight could lead the way on the ground, with Carter assuming a pass-catching role. The Bills are a tough matchup but are dealing with significant injuries on defense, including the loss of Von Miller for the season. Knight and Carter are low-end flex options until we know more about the workload split.
While Knight was a solid play in Week 13, it's risky to utilize him this week even at a $5,100 price tag. Avoid this backfield as a whole until we receive more clarity on roles.
- WR Amari Cooper (hip) - Questionable
- WR David Bell (thumb) - Cleared
- TE David Njoku (knee) - Cleared
- CB Denzel Ward (ankle) - Cleared
- RB Joe Mixon (concussion) - Cleared
- WR Tee Higgins (hamstring) - Cleared
- TE Hayden Hurst (calf) - Out
- DE Sam Hubbard (calf) - Cleared
Amari Cooper is questionable and heading in the wrong direction with a limited practice on Thursday and no practice on Friday. If Cooper is out, Donovan Peoples-Jones stands to benefit the most from a receiving perspective. But the Browns could lean heavily on Nick Chubb. Chubb saw only 17 carries in Week 13. Njoku is cleared and is a solid TE1 this week.
For the Bengals, Mixon will return to action this week and Higgins is cleared to play as well. Samaje Perine stepped up in Mixon's absence but the backfield should return to Mixon. Both Mixon and Higgins are must-starts. Hurst is out and while his target share has been low, his absence should benefit the Bengals' receiving corps.
Although the matchup is less than ideal, Donovan Peoples-Jones is a strong value play at just $4,900 on DraftKings if Amari Cooper is out. Mixon should be a popular play given the matchup and Higgins remains a solid option.
- WR Brandin Cooks (calf) - Out
- WR Nico Collins (foot) - Out
- FB Troy Hairston II (ribs) - Questionable
- CB Derek Stingley Jr. (hamstring) - Out
- K Ka'imi Fairbairn (groin) - Cleared
- DE DeMarcus Lawrence (foot) - Cleared
- LB Leighton Vander Esch (illness) - Questionable
- CB Anthony Brown (Achilles) - Out
- SS Jayron Kearse (shoulder) - Cleared
Although the Cowboys are dealing with several injuries on defense, they are still the top option in Week 14 against a Texans team that is without its top receivers. Both Cooks and Collins are ruled out for Week 14 and the Texans' receiving corps will now feature Chris Moore and Phillip Dorsett. It's difficult to trust either receiver given the matchup, but the Texans will likely play from behind and targets should be plenty. Davis Mills will start this week and could bring some stability to the Texans offense. Moore and Dorsett are low-end flex options in very deep leagues.
Moore is $3,400 and Dorsett is $3K on DraftKings. Pay the extra $400 for Moore as a strong value play. It's possible that Brevin Jordan or Jordan Akins sees an increase in volume as well. They are interesting punt plays at tight end.
- FB C.J. Ham (illness) - Cleared
- OT Christian Darrisaw (concussion) - Questionable
- C Garrett Bradbury (back) - Questionable
- OLB Danielle Hunter (illness) - Cleared
- DE Jonathan Bullard (biceps) - Out
- FS Harrison Smith (illness) - Questionable
- CB Akayleb Evans (concussion) - Cleared
- WR Quintez Cephus (foot) - TBD
- WR Kalif Raymond (illness) - Questionable
- C Frank Ragnow (foot) - Cleared
- OT Taylor Decker (elbow) - Cleared
- OG Evan Brown (ankle) - Doubtful
- CB Jeff Okudah (illness) - Questionable
- DB Will Harris (hip) - Questionable
Although the injury list is long for both sides in this matchup, the majority of offensive players are healthy. This is fantastic news as the game is set to have the highest point total on Week 14. There are a couple of injuries to monitor that affect top Fantasy options. Darrisaw logged a full practice on Friday. His return would be a significant boost to the Minnesota offense. Fantasy managers should also monitor injuries to the Lions' secondary. Justin Jefferson had just three receptions for 14 yards in the Week 3 matchup with Detroit.
The one area to note in this matchup is around Jeff Okudah. If Okudah is active and focused on Jefferson, Adam Thielen becomes a very interesting value play at just $4,900 on DraftKings. Thielen had six receptions for 61 yards and one touchdown in the Week 3 matchup.
- WR Quez Watkins (shoulder) - Cleared
- DE Robert Quinn (knee) - IR
- OLB Kyzir White (ankle) - Cleared
- FS Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (abdomen) - IR
- RB Saquon Barkley (neck) - Questionable
- OG Shane Lemieux (toe) - Out
- DE Leonard Williams (neck) - Doubtful
- FS Xavier McKinney (hand) - Out
- CB Adoree' Jackson (knee) - Out
The big news in this matchup is around Saquon Barkley, who was added to the injury report late this week with a neck injury. Barkley is experiencing soreness, and his status should be monitored throughout the weekend. If Barkley can't suit up, the backfield will likely be split between Matt Breida and Gary Brightwell. Neither is a trustworthy option. Breida played for Buffalo last season with Brian Daboll, so it's possible he has priority in the backfield. But Fantasy managers should avoid the situation if possible. If Barkley is active, he should start in all formats.
Despite low-pricing, neither Breida or Brightwell offers high upside worthy of a play in DFS.
- QB Lamar Jackson (knee) - Doubtful
- RB J.K. Dobbins (knee) - Cleared
- WR Tylan Wallace (hamstring) - IR
- OG Kevin Zeitler (knee) - Questionable
- OLB Patrick Queen (thigh) - Questionable
- CB Daryl Worley (hamstring) - Out
- WR Diontae Johnson (hip) - Cleared
- RB Najee Harris (oblique) - Cleared
- OLB T.J. Watt (ribs) - Cleared
- CB Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring) - IR
Lamar Jackson is unlikely to play this week and Tyler Huntley will step up as the Ravens' quarterback. Huntley has rushing upside that makes him a viable option. Other streaming quarterbacks, such as Ryan Tannehill and Mac Jones, have better matchups and should be prioritized over Huntley. But Huntley is an option in very deep leagues or superflex. Dobbins was activated from IR and seems on track to play this week but Fantasy managers will need to monitor news around any potential workload. If Dobbins plays, it's difficult to trust him or Gus Edwards.
For the Steelers, Diontae Johnson is dealing with a hip injury but is cleared to play.
While Huntley is a riskier option in season-long leagues, he does have appeal in tournament play. Pittsburgh's defense has improved but is still vulnerable against the pass and Huntley has had a minimum of 40 rushing yards in his 2021 and 2022 games played in relief of Jackson. It's also possible that Huntley's presence increases opportunities for Mark Andrews, who has been struggling with lack of volume recently.
- QB Trevor Lawrence (toe) - Questionable
- WR Zay Jones (chest) - Questionable
- LB Chad Muma (ankle) - Out
- FS Andre Cisco (shoulder) - Questionable
- RB Hassan Haskins (hip) - Questionable
- WR Treylon Burks (concussion) - Out
- OG Nate Davis (knee) - Cleared
- DE Jeffery Simmons (ankle) - Questionable
- DE Denico Autry (knee) - Out
- DT Teair Tart (ankle) - Questionable
- ILB David Long (hamstring) - Out
- CB Elijah Molden (groin) - IR
- CB Kristian Fulton (groin) - Out
Trevor Lawrence and Zay Jones are questionable for Week 14. Lawrence stated that he expects to play but given the fact that he did not practice until Friday, Fantasy managers need to monitor his status and be prepared to pivot. His absence would be significant because the Titans are an excellent matchup for quarterbacks and receivers. Christian Kirk is a top-15 receiver and Zay Jones is a flex option. If Zay Jones is inactive, Marvin Jones is a low-end flex option if Lawrence is active.
The Titans are dealing with significant injuries on defense, which only increase their struggles. And the Titans will be without Burks at receiver. It's difficult to trust Robert Woods. He's generally offered very little upside, despite seeing high snap counts. Despite lack of receivers, Ryan Tannehill is still a solid streaming option, given the matchup. But this will likely be a strong Derrick Henry game.
Trevor Lawrence is one of the top value plays at quarterback this week at just $5,700 on DraftKings. If he's active, he's a solid option in tournament play. Zay Jones at $4,700 is a strong value play if active. And if Zay Jones is inactive, look to Marvin Jones at $3,800.
For the Titans, avoid Robert Woods in tournament play. If you want to take a stab at a Titans receiver in tournament play, try Nick Westbrook-Ikhine at $4K.
- WR Kadarius Toney (hamstring) - Out
- OG Joe Thuney (ankle) - Questionable
- MLB Nick Bolton (groin) - Cleared
- FB Andrew Beck (hamstring) - Out
- WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle) - Cleared
- WR K.J. Hamler (hamstring) - IR
- WR Courtland Sutton (illness) - Out
- TE Albert Okwuegbunam (illness) - Cleared
- OG Dalton Risner (shoulder, back) - Questionable
- NT D.J. Jones (shoulder) - Questionable
- CB K'Waun Williams (knee) - Cleared
- K Brandon McManus (quadriceps) - Cleared
Kadarius Toney returned to practice this week but has been ruled out.
For Denver, Sutton is out for Week 14. Broncos players have been inconsistent and unreliable but with competition for targets reducing, Jerry Jeudy is a fine flex option if active. Greg Dulcich should also see a bump in usage as Denver plans to utilize him more as a receiver.
Dulcich will be a popular play at just $3,400. Given the value, he's well worth a play, even at high ownership.
- RB D'Onta Foreman (foot) - Cleared
- OLB Cory Littleton (ankle) - Questionable
- DT Matthew Ioannidis (calf) - Questionable
- SS Xavier Woods (knee) - Questionable
- QB Geno Smith (shoulder) - Cleared
- WR DK Metcalf (hip) - Questionable
- RB Kenneth Walker (ankle) - Questionable
- RB Travis Homer (illness) - Cleared
- RB DeeJay Dallas (ankle) - Questionable
- TE Will Dissly (calf) - Questionable
- OT Abraham Lucas (knee) - Cleared
- SS Ryan Neal (knee) - Questionable
Geno Smith and DK Metcalf were added to the injury report during the week. Smith was cleared but Metcalf did not practice on Friday and should be monitored throughout the weekend. But the big news is around the Seattle running backs. DeeJay Dallas and Kenneth Walker are at risk of missing Sunday's game after not practicing all week. Travis Homer was cleared and if he's the only active option between the three, he will likely lead the backfield, with Tony Jones working behind him.
If Metcalf can't suit up, there's not much discount with Lockett listed at $6,500 on DraftKings. But he's still a strong play if Metcalf is inactive. Homer is priced at $5K and if Walker and Dallas are inactive, Homer is an interesting tournament play against a Panthers defense that allows the ninth-most Fantasy points to opposing running backs.
- RB Leonard Fournette (foot) - Questionable
- TE Cameron Brate (illness) - Cleared
- OT Tristan Wirfs (ankle) - Doubtful
- NT Vita Vea (foot) - Cleared
- CB Sean Murphy-Bunting (quadriceps) - Questionable
- FS Mike Edwards (hamstring) - Doubtful
- SS Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) - Doubtful
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) - Out
- RB Christian McCaffrey (knee) - Cleared
- WR Deebo Samuel (quadriceps) - Cleared
- OG Spencer Burford (ankle) - Cleared
- DT Arik Armstead (foot) - Cleared
- DE Nick Bosa (hamstring) - Questionable
Leonard Fournette is questionable with a foot injury; despite the difficult matchup, Rachaad White would be a mid-RB2 with RB1 upside if Fournette is out. The 49ers are tough against the run but Tom Brady is passing at an extreme volume and prone to dump-offs at running back. White could see double-digit targets if Fournette is out.
Brock Purdy will get the start with Jimmy Garoppolo out. Samuel and McCaffrey were cleared so Purdy will have a full set of weapons. Purdy should benefit McCaffrey the most, and Samuel's usage should remain in line with what he's typically seen. George Kittle has an excellent matchup and should be fine as well. But Brandon Aiyuk might be the odd man out as the deep threat. Continue to trust 49ers pass-catchers outside of Aiyuk.
While the 49ers players are still options in season-long leagues, avoid in DFS given the matchup. If Fournette is out, White has appeal at $5,500. Given his receiving upside, do not fear the matchup.
- QB Tua Tagovailoa (ankle) - Cleared
- QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee) - Questionable
- WR Tyreek Hill (illness) - Cleared
- WR River Cracraft (calf) - Doubtful
- TE Durham Smythe (quadriceps) - Questionable
- OT Terron Armstead (pectoral) - Questionable
- OT Austin Jackson (ankle) - IR
- SS Eric Rowe (back) - Cleared
- WR Mike Williams (ankle) - Cleared
- TE Donald Parham Jr. (hamstring) - Cleared
- C Corey Linsley (concussion) - Cleared
- OT Trey Pipkins (knee) - Doubtful
- OT Rashawn Slater (biceps) - TBD
- OG Zion Johnson (shoulder) - Cleared
- DT Sebastian Joseph-Day (knee) - Doubtful
- ILB Kenneth Murray (hamstring) - Cleared
- OLB Joey Bosa (groin) - TBD
- SS Derwin James (quadriceps) - Doubtful
- CB Bryce Callahan (abdomen) - Doubtful
While the injury lists are long for Miami and L.A., key offensive players are cleared for action in Week 14. The only player to be apprehensive about is Mike Williams, who initially returned to action in Week 11 but immediately reinjured his ankle, causing another two-week absence. It's possible the Chargers ease him into action to reduce his chances of reinjury. Williams has upside given the matchup but is very risky for Fantasy managers who can't afford another single-digit performance. Keenan Allen is still a solid WR2 and Josh Palmer is bumped down to a low-end flex.
With Tagovailoa and Hill cleared early, they are fine DFS options in a matchup that features one of the highest point totals of the slate. Given the potential that Williams is limited, he should be avoided. His presence also makes Palmer a risky option.
- WR Jakobi Meyers (concussion) - Out
- RB Damien Harris (thigh) - Doubtful
- OT Trent Brown (illness) - Questionable
- OT Isaiah Wynn (foot) - Out
- CB Jalen Mills (groin) - Out
- WR DeAndre Hopkins (illness) - Cleared
- WR Rondale Moore (groin) - Out
- OG Rashaad Coward (chest) - Out
- CB Byron Murphy (back) - Out
Meyers is officially out for Week 14 and Harris is doubtful. Nelson Agholor and DeVante Parker stand to benefit the most but are still only low-end flex options. Parker is technically the WR2 but Mac Jones will likely lean on Rhamondre Stevenson. Stevenson is the Patriots leader in targets.
Hopkins was limited on Friday but has been cleared for Week 14. Hopkins remains a solid WR1 even in a difficult matchup. With Moore out, Marquise Brown remains a top-24 option.