Through 3 Quarters
The Minnesota Timberwolves are one quarter away from solidifying a big victory for the organization. They currently hold a 72-70 lead over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Center Karl-Anthony Towns has led the way so far for Minnesota, as he has 23 points in addition to eight boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jaden McDaniels' foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Philadelphia has been led by center Joel Embiid, who so far has 17 points along with eight rebounds.
The 76ers haven't lost 88% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a win here would be refreshing.
Minnesota @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Minnesota 9-10; Philadelphia 10-9
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves are 2-9 against the Philadelphia 76ers since November of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Saturday. The Timberwolves might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against Philadelphia at 6 p.m. ET Nov. 27 at Wells Fargo Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Minnesota received a tough blow on Friday as they fell 133-115 to the Charlotte Hornets. Despite the defeat, Minnesota got a solid performance out of center Karl-Anthony Towns, who had 25 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
As for Philadelphia, it looks like they got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They suffered a grim 116-96 defeat to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday. One thing holding Philadelphia back was the mediocre play of power forward Georges Niang, who did not have his best game: he finished with only nine points on 4-for-11 shooting in his 25 minutes on the court.
The Timberwolves are expected to lose this next one by 6. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Minnesota, who are 9-10 against the spread.
Minnesota is now 9-10 while Philadelphia sits at 10-9. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Minnesota ranks second in the league when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 6.26 on average. Philadelphia is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they come into the game boasting the fourth most blocked shots per game in the league at 5.89. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: Bally Sports - North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.00
The 76ers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 4.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won nine out of their last 11 games against Minnesota.
- Apr 03, 2021 - Philadelphia 122 vs. Minnesota 113
- Jan 29, 2021 - Philadelphia 118 vs. Minnesota 94
- Oct 30, 2019 - Philadelphia 117 vs. Minnesota 95
- Mar 30, 2019 - Philadelphia 118 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 15, 2019 - Philadelphia 149 vs. Minnesota 107
- Mar 24, 2018 - Philadelphia 120 vs. Minnesota 108
- Dec 12, 2017 - Philadelphia 118 vs. Minnesota 112
- Jan 03, 2017 - Philadelphia 93 vs. Minnesota 91
- Nov 17, 2016 - Minnesota 110 vs. Philadelphia 86
- Jan 04, 2016 - Philadelphia 109 vs. Minnesota 99
- Nov 23, 2015 - Minnesota 100 vs. Philadelphia 95
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Tobias Harris: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Joel Embiid: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Groin)