Through 3 Quarters
This game looks like it will end up very different from the tight one-point margin of the Golden State Warriors' win over the Milwaukee Bucks in their previous head-to-head April of last year. After three quarters it's looking more and more like Milwaukee's high-powered offense is just too much for the Warriors as the Bucks lead 100-72.
Power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has led the way so far for Milwaukee, as he has 29 points and nine assists in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks. A double-double would be Antetokounmpo's third in a row.
If the contest were over at this point, it would be Golden State's worst margin of defeat yet this year.
Golden State @ Milwaukee
Current Records: Golden State 30-10; Milwaukee 26-17
What to Know
The Milwaukee Bucks will be returning home after a three-game road trip. They will take on the Golden State Warriors at 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday at Fiserv Forum after having had a few days off. If the contest is anything like Golden State's 122-121 victory from their previous meeting in April of last year, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Bucks were close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 103-99 to the Charlotte Hornets. Despite the defeat, Milwaukee had strong showings from small forward Khris Middleton, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 11 dimes along with seven boards, and power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who almost posted a triple-double on 26 points, 13 rebounds, and eight assists.
Meanwhile, the Dubs came up short against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday, falling 116-108. Small forward Andrew Wiggins wasn't much of a difference maker for the Warriors; Wiggins played for 33 minutes with and four turnovers.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Milwaukee is expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Milwaukee at 26-17 and Golden State at 30-10. The Bucks are 9-7 after losses this year, the Dubs 8-1.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum -- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $69.00
The Bucks are a slight 1-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Bucks slightly, as the game opened with the Bucks as a 2.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won six out of their last 11 games against Milwaukee.
- Apr 06, 2021 - Golden State 122 vs. Milwaukee 121
- Dec 25, 2020 - Milwaukee 138 vs. Golden State 99
- Jan 08, 2020 - Milwaukee 107 vs. Golden State 98
- Dec 07, 2018 - Golden State 105 vs. Milwaukee 95
- Nov 08, 2018 - Milwaukee 134 vs. Golden State 111
- Mar 29, 2018 - Milwaukee 116 vs. Golden State 107
- Jan 12, 2018 - Golden State 108 vs. Milwaukee 94
- Mar 18, 2017 - Golden State 117 vs. Milwaukee 92
- Nov 19, 2016 - Golden State 124 vs. Milwaukee 121
- Dec 18, 2015 - Golden State 121 vs. Milwaukee 112
- Dec 12, 2015 - Milwaukee 108 vs. Golden State 95
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Jrue Holiday: Out (Ankle)
- Luke Kornet: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Langston Galloway: Out (Covid-19)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Golden State
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Draymond Green: Out (Calf)