Through 3 Quarters
There's only one quarter to go, and right now the Golden State Warriors are the team more likely to make up for their recent defeat. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Chicago Bulls as Golden State lead 112-74.
The Warriors have been led by small forward Andrew Wiggins, who so far has 21 points and six assists along with four rebounds. Center Nikola Vucevic has led the way so far for Chicago, as he has posted a double-double on 19 points and 14 boards in addition to five dimes.
This is the most points Golden State has had yet this season going into the fourth quarter.
Golden State @ Chicago
Current Records: Golden State 30-11; Chicago 27-12
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls are 1-12 against the Golden State Warriors since November of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. Chicago will stay at home another game and welcome Golden State at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at United Center. The Bulls are the slight favorite, but fans of both teams should be in for an exciting contest likely to go down to the wire.
Chicago's and the Brooklyn Nets' matchup on Wednesday was up for grabs at halftime, but Chicago was thoroughly outmatched 76-52 in the second half. Things couldn't have gone much worse for Chicago as they lost 138-112. Shooting guard Zach LaVine put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 22 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, the Warriors received a tough blow on Thursday as they fell 118-99 to the Milwaukee Bucks. Golden State was down 97-72 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Small forward Andrew Wiggins (16 points) and power forward Jonathan Kuminga (15 points) were the top scorers for Golden State.
The losses put Chicago at 27-12 and Golden State at 30-11. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Chicago comes into the game boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.50%. But the Warriors have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.80%, which places them first in the league. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $155.00
The Bulls are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulls as a 3.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 12 out of their last 13 games against Chicago.
- Nov 12, 2021 - Golden State 119 vs. Chicago 93
- Mar 29, 2021 - Golden State 116 vs. Chicago 102
- Dec 27, 2020 - Golden State 129 vs. Chicago 128
- Dec 06, 2019 - Golden State 100 vs. Chicago 98
- Nov 27, 2019 - Golden State 104 vs. Chicago 90
- Jan 11, 2019 - Golden State 146 vs. Chicago 109
- Oct 29, 2018 - Golden State 149 vs. Chicago 124
- Jan 17, 2018 - Golden State 119 vs. Chicago 112
- Nov 24, 2017 - Golden State 143 vs. Chicago 94
- Mar 02, 2017 - Chicago 94 vs. Golden State 87
- Feb 08, 2017 - Golden State 123 vs. Chicago 92
- Jan 20, 2016 - Golden State 125 vs. Chicago 94
- Nov 20, 2015 - Golden State 106 vs. Chicago 94
Injury Report for Chicago
- Tyler Cook: Out (Ankle)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Klay Thompson: Out (Rest)
- Gary Payton II: Out (Back)
- Draymond Green: Out (Calf)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)