Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Orlando Magic 81-69.
Center Jarrett Allen has led the way so far for Cleveland, as he has posted a double-double on 17 points and ten rebounds in addition to two blocks. This makes it three consecutive games in which Allen has had at least ten rebounds.
Power forward Wendell Carter Jr. (13 points) and center Robin Lopez (13 points) have been the top scorers for Orlando. Robin Lopez does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Orlando @ Cleveland
Current Records: Orlando 4-16; Cleveland 9-10
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers haven't won a game against the Orlando Magic since March 3 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. Cleveland will take on Orlando at 8 p.m. ET at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse after having had a few days off. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
It looks like the Cavaliers got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Wednesday as they fell 120-115 to the Phoenix Suns. Point guard Ricky Rubio wasn't much of a difference maker for Cleveland; Rubio played for 29 minutes with 5-for-20 shooting.
Meanwhile,'s it's hard to picture a worse defeat than the 123-88 bruising that Orlando suffered against the Chicago Bulls this past Friday. Orlando was down 90-69 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Wendell Carter Jr. put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 26 points and ten rebounds. That makes it three consecutive games in which Carter Jr. has had at least ten rebounds. Carter Jr.'s points were the most he has had all year.
The Cavaliers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
The losses put Cleveland at 9-10 and the Magic at 4-16. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Cleveland comes into the matchup boasting the fewest fouls per game in the league at 16.1. On the other end of the spectrum, Orlando is fifth worst in the league in fouls per game, with 20.3 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts Orlando in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.85
The Cavaliers are a big 10-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Cavaliers, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Cleveland and Orlando both have ten wins in their last 20 games.
- Apr 28, 2021 - Orlando 109 vs. Cleveland 104
- Jan 06, 2021 - Orlando 105 vs. Cleveland 94
- Jan 04, 2021 - Orlando 103 vs. Cleveland 83
- Dec 06, 2019 - Orlando 93 vs. Cleveland 87
- Nov 27, 2019 - Orlando 116 vs. Cleveland 104
- Oct 23, 2019 - Orlando 94 vs. Cleveland 85
- Mar 14, 2019 - Orlando 120 vs. Cleveland 91
- Mar 03, 2019 - Cleveland 107 vs. Orlando 93
- Nov 05, 2018 - Orlando 102 vs. Cleveland 100
- Feb 06, 2018 - Orlando 116 vs. Cleveland 98
- Jan 18, 2018 - Cleveland 104 vs. Orlando 103
- Jan 06, 2018 - Cleveland 131 vs. Orlando 127
- Oct 21, 2017 - Orlando 114 vs. Cleveland 93
- Apr 04, 2017 - Cleveland 122 vs. Orlando 102
- Mar 11, 2017 - Cleveland 116 vs. Orlando 104
- Oct 29, 2016 - Cleveland 105 vs. Orlando 99
- Mar 18, 2016 - Cleveland 109 vs. Orlando 103
- Jan 02, 2016 - Cleveland 104 vs. Orlando 79
- Dec 11, 2015 - Cleveland 111 vs. Orlando 76
- Nov 23, 2015 - Cleveland 117 vs. Orlando 103
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Lamar Stevens: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Orlando
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Cole Anthony: Out (Ankle)
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)