Chicago @ Memphis
Current Records: Chicago 27-14; Memphis 30-15
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Chicago Bulls at 3:30 p.m. ET Jan. 17 at FedExForum. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
Things couldn't have gone much worse for Memphis as they lost 112-85 to the Dallas Mavericks this past Friday. It was supposed to be a close contest, and the Grizzlies were supposed to come out on top, but neither of those things ended up happening. Power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. wasn't much of a difference maker for Memphis; Jackson Jr. finished with only eight points on 4-for-14 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Chicago as they fell 114-112 to the Boston Celtics this past Saturday. Despite the loss, Chicago had strong showings from center Nikola Vucevic, who had 27 points and six assists in addition to six rebounds, and point guard Ayo Dosunmu, who posted a double-double on 21 points and ten assists.
Memphis had enough points to win and then some against the Bulls when the two teams previously met in April of last year, taking their game 126-115. Will the Grizzlies repeat their success, or does Chicago have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.23
The Grizzlies are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Grizzlies as a 5.5-point favorite.
Chicago have won eight out of their last 12 games against Memphis.
- Apr 16, 2021 - Memphis 126 vs. Chicago 115
- Apr 12, 2021 - Memphis 101 vs. Chicago 90
- Dec 04, 2019 - Chicago 106 vs. Memphis 99
- Oct 25, 2019 - Chicago 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Feb 27, 2019 - Chicago 109 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 13, 2019 - Chicago 122 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2018 - Chicago 111 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 07, 2018 - Chicago 119 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2017 - Memphis 98 vs. Chicago 91
- Jan 15, 2017 - Chicago 108 vs. Memphis 104
- Apr 05, 2016 - Memphis 108 vs. Chicago 92
- Dec 16, 2015 - Chicago 98 vs. Memphis 85
Injury Report for Memphis
- Yves Pons: Out (Covid-19)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Covid-19)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Tyler Cook: Out (Ankle)
- Lonzo Ball: Out (Knee)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Zach LaVine: Out (Knee)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)