Brooklyn @ Cleveland
Current Records: Brooklyn 12-5; Cleveland 9-8
What to Know
After a few days' rest for both teams, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Brooklyn Nets will meet up at 7 p.m. ET Nov. 22 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Brooklyn will be strutting in after a victory while the Cavaliers will be stumbling in from a loss.
Cleveland received a tough blow this past Thursday as they fell 104-89 to the Golden State Warriors. Cleveland was up 81-68 at the end of the third quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. Point guard Ricky Rubio wasn't much of a difference maker for Cleveland; Rubio played for 37 minutes with 4-for-15 shooting and five turnovers.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 115-113 win over the Orlando Magic this past Friday. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 41-25 deficit. The Nets' point guard James Harden did his thing and almost dropped a triple-double on 36 points, ten boards, and eight assists.
The Cavaliers are expected to lose this next one by 6. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
Cleveland is now 9-8 while Brooklyn sits at 12-5. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Cleveland ranks first in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 15.7 on average. But Brooklyn comes into the contest boasting the second most fouls drawn per game in the league at 20.2. The ref's whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.84
The Nets are a solid 6-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Nets slightly, as the game opened with the Nets as a 7.5-point favorite.
Cleveland have won 12 out of their last 20 games against Brooklyn.
- Nov 17, 2021 - Brooklyn 109 vs. Cleveland 99
- May 16, 2021 - Brooklyn 123 vs. Cleveland 109
- Jan 22, 2021 - Cleveland 125 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 20, 2021 - Cleveland 147 vs. Brooklyn 135
- Nov 25, 2019 - Brooklyn 108 vs. Cleveland 106
- Mar 06, 2019 - Brooklyn 113 vs. Cleveland 107
- Feb 13, 2019 - Brooklyn 148 vs. Cleveland 139
- Dec 03, 2018 - Cleveland 99 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 24, 2018 - Brooklyn 102 vs. Cleveland 86
- Mar 25, 2018 - Cleveland 121 vs. Brooklyn 114
- Feb 27, 2018 - Cleveland 129 vs. Brooklyn 123
- Nov 22, 2017 - Cleveland 119 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Oct 25, 2017 - Brooklyn 112 vs. Cleveland 107
- Jan 27, 2017 - Cleveland 124 vs. Brooklyn 116
- Jan 06, 2017 - Cleveland 116 vs. Brooklyn 108
- Dec 23, 2016 - Cleveland 119 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Mar 31, 2016 - Cleveland 107 vs. Brooklyn 87
- Mar 24, 2016 - Brooklyn 104 vs. Cleveland 95
- Jan 20, 2016 - Cleveland 91 vs. Brooklyn 78
- Nov 28, 2015 - Cleveland 90 vs. Brooklyn 88