Through 3 Quarters
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but the Los Angeles Clippers are posing a tough problem. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Los Angeles leads 83-79.
Point guard Reggie Jackson (19 points) and small forward Paul George (18 points) have been the top scorers for the Clippers. Paul George does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Center Isaiah Hartenstein is also in foul trouble with four.
Portland has been led by shooting guard Norman Powell, who so far has 16 points.
The Trail Blazers haven't lost 83% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a win here would be refreshing.
Portland @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Portland 5-5; Los Angeles 5-4
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Portland Trail Blazers will be on the road. They will take on the Los Angeles Clippers at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Staples Center after having had a few days off. Both teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Rip City didn't have too much trouble with the Los Angeles Lakers at home this past Saturday as they won 105-90. The Trail Blazers relied on the efforts of center Jusuf Nurkic, who posted a double-double on 17 boards and 15 points, and point guard Damian Lillard, who shot 6-for-14 from downtown and finished with 25 points and six dimes. Lillard hadn't helped his team much against the Indiana Pacers last week, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles had enough points to win and then some against the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday, taking their matchup 120-106. Small forward Paul George (20 points), point guard Reggie Jackson (19 points), and shooting guard Luke Kennard (18 points) were the top scorers for the Clippers.
Portland is expected to lose this next one by 3. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Portland's opponents whenever they hit the road.
The Trail Blazers didn't have too much trouble with Los Angeles at home in the teams' previous meeting last month as they won 111-92. The rematch might be a little tougher for Rip City since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Clippers are a 3-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 3.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 17 out of their last 29 games against Portland.
- Oct 29, 2021 - Portland 111 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Oct 25, 2021 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Portland 86
- Apr 20, 2021 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Portland 112
- Apr 06, 2021 - Los Angeles 133 vs. Portland 116
- Dec 30, 2020 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Portland 105
- Aug 08, 2020 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Portland 117
- Dec 03, 2019 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Portland 97
- Nov 07, 2019 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Portland 101
- Mar 12, 2019 - Portland 125 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Dec 17, 2018 - Portland 131 vs. Los Angeles 127
- Nov 25, 2018 - Los Angeles 104 vs. Portland 100
- Nov 08, 2018 - Portland 116 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Mar 30, 2018 - Portland 105 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Mar 18, 2018 - Portland 122 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 30, 2018 - Portland 104 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Oct 26, 2017 - Los Angeles 104 vs. Portland 103
- Dec 12, 2016 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Portland 120
- Nov 09, 2016 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Portland 80
- Oct 27, 2016 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Portland 106
- Apr 29, 2016 - Portland 106 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Apr 27, 2016 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Apr 25, 2016 - Portland 98 vs. Los Angeles 84
- Apr 23, 2016 - Portland 96 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Apr 20, 2016 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Portland 81
- Apr 17, 2016 - Los Angeles 115 vs. Portland 95
- Mar 24, 2016 - Los Angeles 96 vs. Portland 94
- Jan 06, 2016 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Portland 98
- Nov 30, 2015 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Portland 87
- Nov 20, 2015 - Portland 102 vs. Los Angeles 91
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marcus Morris: Out (Knee)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)