Through 3 Quarters
The experts predicted a win for the Milwaukee Bucks, but it's no sure thing at this point. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Atlanta Hawks 90-86.
Small forward Khris Middleton has led the way so far for Milwaukee, as he has 26 points and four assists in addition to four rebounds. Middleton is close to surpassing his season high of 28. One thing to keep an eye out for is Wesley Matthews' foul situation as he currently sits at four.
The Hawks haven't lost 95% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Milwaukee @ Atlanta
Current Records: Milwaukee 27-18; Atlanta 17-25
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Milwaukee Bucks at 6 p.m. ET Jan. 17 at State Farm Arena. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Atlanta came up short against the New York Knicks this past Saturday, falling 117-108. Atlanta's loss came about despite a quality game from point guard Trae Young, who had 29 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, Milwaukee came up short against the Toronto Raptors this past Saturday, falling 103-96. Shooting guard Wesley Matthews had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 30 minutes but putting up just five points on 2-for-10 shooting.
The Hawks are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Now might not be the best time to take Atlanta against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past five consecutive games.
Atlanta is now 17-25 while Milwaukee sits at 27-18. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Atlanta comes into the matchup boasting the fourth fewest fouls per game in the league at 18. But the Bucks are even better: they rank second in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17.7 on average. We'll see if that edge gives Milwaukee a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $48.80
The Bucks are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bucks, as the game opened with the Bucks as a 4-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won 18 out of their last 27 games against Atlanta.
- Nov 14, 2021 - Atlanta 120 vs. Milwaukee 100
- Jul 03, 2021 - Milwaukee 118 vs. Atlanta 107
- Jul 01, 2021 - Milwaukee 123 vs. Atlanta 112
- Jun 29, 2021 - Atlanta 110 vs. Milwaukee 88
- Jun 27, 2021 - Milwaukee 113 vs. Atlanta 102
- Jun 25, 2021 - Milwaukee 125 vs. Atlanta 91
- Jun 23, 2021 - Atlanta 116 vs. Milwaukee 113
- Apr 25, 2021 - Atlanta 111 vs. Milwaukee 104
- Apr 15, 2021 - Milwaukee 120 vs. Atlanta 109
- Jan 24, 2021 - Milwaukee 129 vs. Atlanta 115
- Dec 27, 2019 - Milwaukee 112 vs. Atlanta 86
- Nov 27, 2019 - Milwaukee 111 vs. Atlanta 102
- Nov 20, 2019 - Milwaukee 135 vs. Atlanta 127
- Apr 07, 2019 - Milwaukee 115 vs. Atlanta 107
- Mar 31, 2019 - Atlanta 136 vs. Milwaukee 135
- Jan 13, 2019 - Milwaukee 133 vs. Atlanta 114
- Jan 04, 2019 - Milwaukee 144 vs. Atlanta 112
- Mar 17, 2018 - Milwaukee 122 vs. Atlanta 117
- Feb 13, 2018 - Milwaukee 97 vs. Atlanta 92
- Oct 29, 2017 - Milwaukee 117 vs. Atlanta 106
- Mar 24, 2017 - Milwaukee 100 vs. Atlanta 97
- Jan 15, 2017 - Atlanta 111 vs. Milwaukee 98
- Dec 09, 2016 - Atlanta 114 vs. Milwaukee 110
- Nov 16, 2016 - Atlanta 107 vs. Milwaukee 100
- Mar 25, 2016 - Atlanta 101 vs. Milwaukee 90
- Feb 20, 2016 - Milwaukee 117 vs. Atlanta 109
- Jan 15, 2016 - Milwaukee 108 vs. Atlanta 101
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee)
- Clint Capela: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Jrue Holiday: Out (Ankle)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)