Cleveland @ Atlanta
Current Records: Cleveland 19-12; Atlanta 14-15
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Dec. 19 at State Farm Arena. Cleveland should still be riding high after a big victory, while Atlanta will be looking to get back in the win column.
Everything went the Cavaliers' way against the Milwaukee Bucks this past Saturday as they made off with a 119-90 win. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Cleveland had established a 93-69 advantage. They relied on the efforts of small forward Cedi Osman, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 23 points and five rebounds, and point guard Darius Garland, who had 22 points and six assists. Osman's performance made up for a slower contest against the Houston Rockets this past Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Atlanta and the Denver Nuggets this past Friday was not particularly close, with Atlanta falling 133-115. The Hawks were down 106-87 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by point guard Trae Young, who posted a double-double on 34 points and ten dimes.
The Cavaliers are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a 14-game streak of ATS wins.
Cleveland is now 19-12 while Atlanta sits at 14-15. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Cleveland enters the game with only 101.1 points allowed per game on average, which is the best in the league. But Atlanta ranks third in the league when it comes to points per game, with 111.5 on average. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports - Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.54
The Hawks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cleveland have won 17 out of their last 24 games against Atlanta.
- Oct 23, 2021 - Cleveland 101 vs. Atlanta 95
- Mar 14, 2021 - Atlanta 100 vs. Cleveland 82
- Feb 23, 2021 - Cleveland 112 vs. Atlanta 111
- Jan 02, 2021 - Cleveland 96 vs. Atlanta 91
- Feb 12, 2020 - Cleveland 127 vs. Atlanta 105
- Dec 23, 2019 - Cleveland 121 vs. Atlanta 118
- Dec 29, 2018 - Atlanta 111 vs. Cleveland 108
- Oct 30, 2018 - Cleveland 136 vs. Atlanta 114
- Oct 21, 2018 - Atlanta 133 vs. Cleveland 111
- Feb 09, 2018 - Cleveland 123 vs. Atlanta 107
- Dec 12, 2017 - Cleveland 123 vs. Atlanta 114
- Nov 30, 2017 - Cleveland 121 vs. Atlanta 114
- Nov 05, 2017 - Atlanta 117 vs. Cleveland 115
- Apr 09, 2017 - Atlanta 126 vs. Cleveland 125
- Apr 07, 2017 - Atlanta 114 vs. Cleveland 100
- Mar 03, 2017 - Cleveland 135 vs. Atlanta 130
- Nov 08, 2016 - Atlanta 110 vs. Cleveland 106
- May 08, 2016 - Cleveland 100 vs. Atlanta 99
- May 06, 2016 - Cleveland 121 vs. Atlanta 108
- May 04, 2016 - Cleveland 123 vs. Atlanta 98
- May 02, 2016 - Cleveland 104 vs. Atlanta 93
- Apr 11, 2016 - Cleveland 109 vs. Atlanta 94
- Apr 01, 2016 - Cleveland 110 vs. Atlanta 108
- Nov 21, 2015 - Cleveland 109 vs. Atlanta 97